ESPN.com's NFL pre-draft Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Texans are a bit high.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Lol at the Broncos being so high. Not surprising, but it is going to be hilarious when they crash and burn. They will be the 2012 version of the eagles this past year. All hype from FA until the season actually starts, then it will be a different story.

I think #16 for the Titans isn't bad considering its ESPN, and they know nothing about us. I expected them to have us ranked in the 20's somewhere. I personally believe we will be a lot better than that (esp w/ Locker at the helm), but we had a 9-7 record with a lot of holes to fill so I can't really complain about them putting us in the middle of the pack. Im actually surprised they have us ahead of the Bengals

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I honestly think that's a fair rating.

We didn't drastically improve our O-line.
    We didn't even try to help our D-line.
    Our star WR is coming off of a season ending injury.
    Our star RB had his worst year.
    We lost Cortland Finnegan.
    We lost to easy teams last year and this year, our schedule is extremely difficult.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Hutchison is a huge upgrade,
    Wimbley is a huge upgrade,
    Should be healthy when season starts,
    I will lay a bet he doesn't have two bad seasons in a row,
    we didn't vastly over pay for finny,
    we beat the ratbirds, and you can't tell anything about this seasons schedule based on last season, each year is a new year, especially with FA.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Hutchinson is injury prone and missed games last year.

Wimbley is NOT the answer to the DE position, hell, he doesn't even PLAY DE.

I think you have to shore up talent in the CB spot, even if it costs us money. With the schedule we have next year, I think we're in for a hell of a season as far as the secondary getting ripped apart. McCourty isn't as good on tape as he is on paper, same with Verner. Michael Griffin hasn't shown up since 2008 and Babineaux is quite possibly the most overrated Titan I've seen in 5 to 10 years. Cheap doesn't equal good.

If each year is a new year in football, I guess we're going to go 16-0 using your rationale. Talent does carry over on football teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't know oneton, you've been crying an awful lot lately. To say we didn't even try to improve D-line is entirely misleading and regardless what you say Wimbley was brought in to play DE. A 3-4 OLB does translate to DE, I mean... I guess Mario Williams doesn't even play DE because he didn't play DE last year... see how that's ridiculous.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That is, in my opinion, entirely why Mario Williams' play has declined, he was switched to a 3-4 OLB and it wasn't what he was comfortable with. The same thing could happen with Wimbley switching to a 4-3 DE.

I'm not crying, I'm being realistic. I see gaping holes in our team and honestly think we're worse off than last year.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

No. Mario Williams was playing as a 4-3 defensive end up until last season. He only played 5 games as a 3-4 OLB until he tore his pectoral muscle ending his season. In those 5 games he had 5 sacks so I have no idea what your talking about saying that Williams play has been declining due to the fact he was uncomfortable in a system he didn't play in.

The only thing we lost in FA this season other then Finnegan are bodies. Scott was not that good. Jason Jones was not that good. William Hayes was not that good.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

MW was declining due to injuries. The year before last he only played in 13 games and got 8.5 sacks. I still don't think he looked comfortable in that scheme, though.

Two of those sacks last year were against Pittsburgh, who has one of the worst offensive lines in football, same as the Raiders. Oh, and two of his other sacks were against the Colts (the worst team in football last year).

Just to be clear, I wanted MW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar