Erik Walden suspended one game for headbutt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KRK13, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRK13

KRK13 Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The NFL will suspend Colts linebacker Erik Walden for one game for his head butt of Titans tight end Delanie Walker in Thursday night’s game, per Jay Glazer of Fox.

That should make Walker a little happier.

Walden, who played at MTSU, ripped off Walker’s helmet and flung it downfield following a play in the second quarter at LP Field. When Walker approached Walden, the Colts linebacker head-butted Walker in the face, and was penalized.

“What got him riled up? I was whupping his butt, that’s what happened, and the cat couldn’t take it when he was getting whupped,’’ Walker said afterward. “He got frustrated, and he should have been ejected for what he did. That’s bush league and that’s the type of stuff we don’t need in this league.”

Walker said after the game he’s already looking forward to facing Walden when the two teams meet again on December 1 in Indianapolis. The Colts play at Arizona this Sunday.

Coach Mike Munchak said on Friday he planned to turn the play in to the NFL.

“We turn it in and talk to them about it,’’ Munchak said. “They didn’t see it from the sideline—he would have been thrown out of the game if they saw the head-butt. They didn’t see it live when it happened during the game. They saw the helmet part, but they’ll see it on tape and I’m sure there will be consequences for that during that little span there where they had three personal fouls.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

for a league that demands player safety, 1 game does not seem like enough for a guy who head butted a player without a helmet!

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At least it happened

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

very true it made me smile ....... for a second lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

One game too late. Should have been ejected.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

considering this league wants player safety I Wanted more than 1 damn game

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He definitely deserves the suspension, not that it'll matter much, dude sucks LOL.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

"...during that little span there where they had three personal fouls.” - MM

3 points there Bilbo and MM - THREE Freakin Points! - THAT was the chance too make them quite and yet again Bilbo/MM fail too take advantage of a game turning situation

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

that was terrible, I mean at that point after that drive I felt we were going to lose the game even up by quite bit at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar