eric, benji, and nick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by paraconspiracy, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

why do eric moulds, benji olsen, and nick harper automatically get the start?

moulds has one catch in the pre-season and is holding back younger more athletic recievers who need the confidence of playing in order to possibly fulfill their potential. it reminds me of the carl pickens situation a few years ago... only we expect less from him... so why does he get the start?

benji is getting old and pushed around most on the o-line... he may be the best we have at that spot but theres plenty of hungry, stronger, younger players under him.

nick harper... solid i guess.... but any more solid that courtland? a healthy griffen? a healthy rey hill? reynaldo was injured all of last season... and still played. i think he could be pretty good if he is 100%. harper has been all right this preseason... not spectacular... and i get the feeling he'll never make a big play... just play well enough to start.

do these 3 really deserve the start? 2 were'nt even on the team last year... so i guess fish still plays the vets... even though they arent his vets.
    IMO you have to earn your spot, i dont care if you are reggie white... nobody should just get handed a position when there is this much young talent

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

the reason i ask is because i think of all the players on the team... these three will be the biggest letdowns. the younger guys just seem to have more excitement and energy for the game

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I agree that it is likely that these are mistakes.

The Gage signing was a mistake.
    It is possible Moulds can teach the younger receivers something, but I question if he can match their production.

Olsen should be serving his last year from the bench.

harper made sense at the time, but all of these guys getting the nod as "locks" means that Fisher is not being truthful about putting the "best players" on the field with the intention to win. Playing these unproven retreads is more likely a matter of making the decision makers happy.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Gage looked good in last preseason game, Moulds has alot to offer as far as skill and being a mentor to our core of ALL young recievers. Chris Davis played some with the first team and looked good, Paul Williams i would say is the biggest mistake yet.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

But do you start your mentor? Or do you just pay him to mentor, and let the young players perform and gain practical experience.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i think you have to start him, when Jerry Rice was brought into Denver essentially to be a Wide Receiver Coach, but he still dressed up, it didnt work out to well, there is no question Moulds can still get you 30 receptions a season, put him at the number 2 spot until the younger recievers emerge.

1. Brandon Jones
    2. Eric Moulds
    3. Roydell Williams
    4. Chris Davis

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Couldn't agree more. That third round pick could have been used better on the O-Line or D-Line.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yep, and you now you have to wonder, if Chris Brown and LenDale are going to be the starters on this team, why did we waste a 2nd round pick on Henry???

its coming clear that our draft was a disaster... from round 2-7

9. Nash

Nash Starter

there are many ways to build a team-- for Fisher it now seems that he likes to acquire quite a few players at 2 or 3 positions (this year it was WR, DB, and DL) and then sort out who we really wanted from that group of players.. unfortunately the DL players we drafted got hurt, so we're bringing in a DT, which may allow Brown to rotate outside to DE..next year i bet we rebuild our DL and LB depth..

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

:eh?: Now we're expecting draft picks from the 2nd-7th to contribute immeadiately? Some first round picks don't get any work in their first season. i have to agree. i wanna see gage more than Moulds though. He's looked good but in-game he gets few chances. We aren't even gauging our talent.. we're just assuming that the decision we made is right. [like not even TRYING Griffin at FS and Finny at CB2 at the same time to see if it forces errors] and we aren't giving Gage a single chance at first team. though Moulds brings in one catch and drops another and he's automatic #2 WR. or 1. whatever. Harper would be a good #2 behind finnegan if we tried it. but we won't.

Why can't our coaching staff experiment more than once. we experiment with Griff at CB. now let's see how he does at his natural position right? wrong. honestly, i think each team should just go to their respective fan boards and see what they're saying. then try each thing they suggest in the 4th game. it's not worth anything and it will show fans whether they were right or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar