Enough with the apologists

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why ask why?
    Drink [​IMG]

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I said if the apologists should stop (as the title of the thread says) so should the other.
    Just pointing out that this is the same as saying one side of an opinion should stop, but not the other.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Perhaps you misunderstand.
    The apologists should stop because the game experience has proved them wrong.
    There is no rational basis for giving Collins more time, and suggesting that it is anything but his ineptitude that is killing the offense.

4. skitch

I understand your point.

Look, Collins has looked like crap...no doubt. But I have said before, he is not the only thing killing the offense. That entire side of the ball sucks right now beginning with the line. i.e. - it is not his fault that the running game sucks (when we actually try to run the ball).

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, the line is not sucking entirely badly.

When you run on first, run on second, and pass on third every time, the opposing defense can dictate terms.

What I saw was runs up the middle for practically no gain, and bad passes.

So, the run game being unproductive I would pin on the play calling. The predictability of it made the run game ineffective.

6. Hoffa

They all suck because of the coaching, no other way to explain how everything has digressed to the crap we saw last Sunday.
    The coaching wanted Collins.
    The coaching has reduced a not-so-bad team, who could have gone 6-10 or 7-9, to a team that looks like it couldn't beat anybody.

7. skitch

I do think the line has been pretty bad, but I can't necessarily disagree with you on the rest.:thumb:

8. skitch

OK. OK. I suck, you suck, they suck, we all just SUCK!
    :bonk2: :baghead: :ha:

9. Hoffa

No, just the coaching...that's the root of all the sucking...

10. skitch

I was just joking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar