Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

According to vigsted...

How a guy performs on the field is meaningless. :sad2:

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I never said that and you know it. Unfortunately you have to try and twist peoples words in hope of winning an argument you've lost several days ago.

Individual player statistics taken out of context has little to do with a players actual abilities. Now if this was tennis or another individual sport you could use those statistics as a reliable indicator, but football is a team sport and the statistics of every player on the field is impacted not only by his opponents, but also his teammates.

I have quarterbacks over here that have better stats than half of the quarterbacks in this draft. Does that make them good enough for the NFL? According to RollTide it does.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

I'll wait with great anticipation for you deliver stats that are meaningful to this discussion. I won't be holding my breath.

How were my stats meaningless? So we can't look at what an omar jacobs did at bowling green in our evaluation of him? I don't have hundred of hours of film to judge him by. Why wouldn't the fact he threw 67 touchdowns and only 11 ints the last 2 years have some relevance? He has been a very productive player but he also takes care of the football.

My guess is that stats to you are meaningless only when they go against your opinion of the way things should be.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Visteg...

when you say he is no better than the career back-ups ranked behind him
    ------------------------------------

Did i ever say this? Seems like i am the one who is having his words twisted.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Using your logic, is there anybody that has Jacobs rated as the #20 player in the draft? You cry like a baby if someone might suggest Cutler at #3 even though your idle might have him as the 15th rated player but then throw out this baloney about Jacobs being a better value at 20 when he might not even go in the 2nd round.
    I'm not into putting another player down to build a guy I like up. I like the skill set Cutler brings to the table, size, arm strength, pro style compatability, toughness, having good enough feet to elude the pass rush and a real good head on his shoulders as well as the intangibles you look for in a QB. Right now in alot of "draft experts" mocks and ratings Young is the one who may drop like Rodgers dropped last year. That leaves Leinart and Cutler as our choices. Also, QB is the most important postion on the team and because of that importance you can't compare apples to oranges. Even though a Mario Williams might be ranked higher doesn't mean his positive effect on the team will be as high over the next decade as a franchise QB.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I never said any of that either, someone else did. Read before you post.

I'll go look for stats from our leagues ove here and post them.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat...visteg...

Soxcat, i did flip, and i corrected my statement on that board. I jumped to conclusions. Part of the reason was mel kiper's comments.

Visteg, i never said you said that. What are we 12 years old? I just gave you an example of someone twisting my words. There is a difference between twisting words and drawing conclusions from what someone said.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I sometimes wonder...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler rocks!

Where is all this support for cutler as to why we should draft him? Nobody wants to take up cutler's case but you guys sure get bent out of shape that i might suggest there are better players we can draft. Can any of you einsteins make a case why this guy is such a great prospect? Other than the superficial mantra that he's a QB? It's not like there have never been productive vandy QBs there have been many. Is cutler's 32% winning percentage that much better than any other vandy QB?

Thanx to gunny for his 10.000th smart assed post. Gunny never has an opinion on anything but those smart assed quips are sure welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar