Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler head over heals baby!

Whoa nellie! That man can play!

Some interesting stats.
    Jay cutler 9 ints in 2005.
    Omar jacobs 11 ints in 3 seasons

Cutler 34.5 passes per int.
    Omar jacobs 73.7 attempts per int.

Quick who holds the single season mac TD record?
    Leftwich
    Rothlisberger
    pennington

Omar jacobs 41..

In that same season he threw 4 ints! An ncaa record!

This guy had a 41 td 4 int season and he can't carry cutler's jock? Get real!

Cutler is huge, massive hulk like at 6'4 225
    Jacobs is 6'4 232

Cutler is lighting fast with a 4.77 40
    Jacobs only ran a 4.77 40

During a pro day workout jacobs was disappointing addmitting that he missed 2 out of 60 passes. I'm a hard grader on my self he said.

Omar jacobs is a better value with the 20th pick than cutler would be with the 3rd pick. Tell me how i am wrong.

Correction edit: At the combine jacobs was measured at 637 232 lbs.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What difference does it make if a guy is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? What matters is how good the guy is. Yes, I do think Cutler is EQUAL to Leinart. Put them both on the same team with the same OL, RBs, WRs and coaching and I think Cutler is every bit as good as Leinart. Leinart obvious gets more pub because he played on a super talented team that won a national championship but there have been a number of QBs that had successsfull college careers, won championships but couldn't transition to the NFL. I'm not putting Leinart down I'm just saying Cutler has the physical and mental skills to thrive equally with Leinart on an equal playing field.
    Vince Young is more of a question mark because his NFL career could range from bust to super star more than any of the three. Having more question marks about his ability to transition (and nobody with any sense would not think his transition is more questionable) Young should be downgraded slightly. Sure, he could be better than any QB in the history of the game but he could also be a square peg trying to fit into a round hole in the NFL.

Also, just because Croyle or Jacobs are the #4 and #5 QBs doesn't in anyway mean they are anywhere close to the talent grade of the others. Alot of #4 and #5 QBs are lucky to be backups. If Young decided to not come out this year and Leinart had come out last year that would make Croyle the #2 QB in this draft. IMO he still would not be anywhere close to being worth more than a late second round pick. At the same time you could have three guys in one draft that are all worthy of top 5 status.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I like Leinhart and Young better than any of the other QB's. IMO, they are easily the top 2 QBs. Then Cutler is behind them. Croyle is avg. QB at best.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

College stats and size/speed combo are only one piece of the puzzle. I'm with you in my assessment of Cutler though...

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And there goes Roletide again with meaningless stats...

Look it's real simple, if the scouts believe Leinart, Young or Cutler are good enought to be franchise quarterbacks they will pick him at #3, unless they feel safe they can trade down and still get him.

Just because you're the 3rd rated quarterback doesn't mean you're bound to be the worst of the 3. A certain team in Pittsburgh seems pretty happy with their 3rd ranked QB...

6. It's the haircut... :ha:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's because he's the forgotten QB...

Attached Files:

8. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

WOW... homo erotic thing?? by reading your posts you could say the same thing for you and Bear Bryant???? Someone has a different opinion than you, Lord forbid. Which conference are we going to say spits out the best competition from year to year, MAC or SEC? Easy question there. I agree that Cutler hasn't earned to be considered the best QB in the draft but when you say he is no better than the career back-ups ranked behind him is kind of silly. Cutler easily put up better numbers than Omar last year in a tougher conference on a weaker team and if Cutler had the talent of Ken Darby and Receiving of Prothro (sp?) and the Defense 'Bama had who knows what kind of numbers he would have put up?!

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I agree with you -- Troupe for President!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Troupe....

Which conference are we going to say spits out the best competition from year to year, MAC or SEC?
    --------------------

And what the hell does that have to do with anything? Nothing but there are more top 10 QBs in the nfl today from the mac than there are from the sec. The only top sec QB is some guy called manning. Do you know any others?

And no i didn't say those so called career backups were better. Try reading a little.

I said i thought that jacobs was a better pick at 20th than cutler would be at 3rd. Did i say jacobs should be our third pick? According to you joe montana was just a career backup. :suspect:

I didn't realize that croyle was blessed with such talent on that bama offense. You are the first person i have ever heard say that and since prothro missed 7 games with a broken ankle i find it interesting that you mention him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar