Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

The same Kiper that pretty much proclaimed Mike Williams as a HOF'er before last years draft?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

for the price, I think Manny Lawson would be just as good for us

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Visteg....

I don't give a rats butt about mocks. Why would anyone bother to read minds? It's where players are picked in relation to where he ranks them not guessing what team they go to.

If kiper has cutler as the 15th best player in this draft i doubt very many GMs will have him 3rd. The great blue north ranks him 10th. Nfl draft countdown ranks him 16th.

Do you honestly believe lienart will be the 10th player taken in this draft? Mike mayock thinks he should be. Kiper ranks him 2nd so who is likely to be more in line with where lienart is actually drafted?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Again, you miss the point RollTide. You can always find an "expert" who supports your ideas and who happen to have had some success predicting players in the past. Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock and Corey Chavous are all 3 people who differ wildly in their opinion of the best players in this draft, but have all had some success in previous years. It's impossible to say that one guess is more correct than the other.

Do I think Leinart will be first QB taken? Yes I do. Is he the second best player in the draft? Hell no, and neither is Vince Young the fifth best.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Visteg....

But mel kiper is not just some guy. He has been doing this for over 20 years and does this year round. Why did espn of all people keep him on to be their offical draft guy?

Can you remember a time when mel kiper had a guy 15th on his big board and somebody drafted that guy 3rd? I can't. The first 5 picks last year went exactly as kiper ranked them.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, but i do remember he had mike williams in the top 3 and he fell down to 11. and he would have fallen further had the lions not taken a wr for the 3rd year in a row.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Kiper had Aaron Rodgers going 5th to the Bucs, he went 24th to the Packers.
    And he had Barron at 27, but he went 19. All these predictions are nothing more than guesses. And being the 15th rated guy on Kipers big board, does not mean you will be drafted #15. You could easily be drafted well before or after that.

I would still pick the 15th rated guy if he played an important position which I needed badly and I felt that this was my only shot at a guy like this in many years.

Another case is D'Brick and Mario Williams; I have them as 2 of the 5 best players in this draft, but that doesn't mean I would draft them at #3 if I were the Titans, because I believe I'm already set at those positions, however I do need a stud linebacker, even if Hawk is only the 6th or 7th best players in the draft, or Huff or Cutler or Young for that matter.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Kiper may be right and the GM drafted the player in the wrong position. :brow:

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's what Kiper claims every year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar