End of Season Review

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ICBW, Jan 13, 2018.

?
  1. Overachieved

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. Underachieved

38 vote(s)
    69.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Since 2010 the Pats have only had 6 1st round picks. Very few 2nd rounders, but they did get Gronk with one. They don't get them because they win so much. Now look at how many 1st and 2nds we have had from years of losing, yet we still get abused by them. Very sad.

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'll say that play calling and the scheme sucks. But, I can't really put all the poor execution on Mularkey. If he tells a person 7373838 times to run a straight line and they go out there and run a damn circle...what's he to do? Is he supposed to beat these grown men until they can finally figure out where to line up and where to run etc?

The most confusing part of all of this is, most of these same guys played well in the same scheme last season. There didn't seem to be as many mistakes and miscommunication. In theory you would have thought the offense would be pretty good in the second year of the same scheme.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That should be used to get people to stop complaining about Dodd. It's not that big of a deal.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

After a few years in the league, every DC has seen your act. Unless you can execute at an elite level, you get shut down. M8 hasn't really stepped up his game. We have only gotten by because we have spent so much on offense.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

You missed the point if you think that.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I voted underachieved, especially if you look at the whole season in context. We had a pretty easy schedule with injuries at QB hindering 2 of the other 3 teams in our division, and we still struggled to get to the playoffs after being picked to win the division by a number of experts.

Sure, here at the end the team showed heart, but over the whole season (as well as at the end) our pedestrian coaching held us back IMO.

Next year could be a tough one for us...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I don't agree, MM8 stepped up big time last 3 games, I just know you're one of the constant MM8 haters here and that's ok because it's your opinion.

We don't win and get to the playoffs if Marcus didn't "step" up vs the Jags. We don't win the playoff Wildcard game at KC if MM8 didn't step up. I think Marcus played good yesterday considering how atrocious the O line was. No QB would have done well with that lack of blocking yesterday. Marcus is far from the issue with this team. Bottom line, Mularkey, DLB and Robitchie got smoked by Bill. The game is about momentum and our stupid coaching staff has zero feel for it.

#67 SalmonSlayer, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

How about designing plays that take advantage of player strengths...LIKE BELICHECK does...but no, mulsucky would rather whine and moan about players not executing his 1974 offense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Think jonnu can play WR? Cuz he cant play TE very well. Need to pick up or draft a TE this year.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Really, last year, after that loss against the jags to seal our fate during the regular season,and an injured Mariota?
    U feel better about that than beating the chiefs in the playoffs then losing to the likely super bowl champs, which we would lose to 9/10 times? (being generous there)

I must be in bizarro world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar