Edge FAs who do you want

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

What would you give him?

2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think the Wilson debacle may keep them from known character issue guys regardless of price.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm hoping we sign DE Romeo Okwara in FA and then add a DE in the draft

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We played Casey and Simmons together and if Casey was 5 years younger it would have worked real well. Wasn't that bad as it was but Casey had lost some of his pass rushing ability. Basically we just need someone good enough to be able to make plays when they aren't doubled. We will play a bunch of 4 man fronts anyway.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Market value for edge guys seems to run about $1 mil per sack and Okwara is valued around $10 mil.

If we got Clowney closer to $7 mill which is where he is valued he might have more value if he can stay healthy because he could move inside and we draft a rookie to play outside in passing situations. Clowney gives us two for one and even thought he doesn't get a huge number of sacks he can be disruptive.

Of course the staying healthy part is the key. A guy like Okwara might be a better deal if he can continue to produce and we can keep him for 3 years. I would be fine signing him and if a inside guy is worthy consider them in the 1st. Still can get another edge guy later for depth and development.

So either one works for me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Maybe an incentive based deal?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'm not sure how I feel about Clowney, his market value certainly took a hit, if we address DE in the draft with a legit rusher I would be ok with Clowney at 7 mil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar