Edge FAs who do you want

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yep. He was cleared. But Broncos have $30 million in cap space. A trade would make much more sense. Get something for one of the top pass rushers in the game.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Correct, I edited my post thanks. Doesn't change anything

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Obviously he only gets cut if there's no trade market for him, it goes without saying I'd assume.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Miller dropped off pretty hard in 2019 before missing last year with injury. I'd be cautious about paying prime Von Miller rates.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well you dont play two DTs at 3's at the same time so kind of a waste to have two guys who play the same thing

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Simmons doesn't exclusively play 3 tech and I think one of the common themes of good defenses is to have lots of guys that can effectively line up all over the place.

I don't particularly want whoever we were talking about but we need multiple DL and DL that can consistently get to the passer would be nice. I'm not convinced that is Simmons, especially since he had 5 sacks in 2 years in the NFL and 7 sacks his entire college career.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Simmons is a game changer when he wants to be.

He just needs a sidekick to replace Jones to be at his best

Find a guy that commands attention away from Simmons and wed see him become elite

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We just have to make sure they don't have a skillset that includes 3 tech. Because that'd be wasteful.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He can be an elite player, but nothing in his history says that he is more than an average pass rusher. The guy is crazy strong, but he does not have that quick get off that is needed to quickly disrupt the QB.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would not be upset at all if we added Kyle Van Noy. He would certainly add veteran leadership to the defense. He was one of the Fins captains last yr. He is extremely versatile in terms of having plenty of experience playing off ball LBer and edge rusher. He isn’t going to be your 10 sack guy, but he will give you all out effort and be a great teammate. It would be a low risk signing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar