Eddie to retire a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Other nominees; Antowain Smith, Chris Brown, LenDale White. Yup, I'd go with Eddie. :brow:
    I want him to retire as a Titan; he was a key part of what made us successful back all those years ago. I'd like for it to be solidified as official. It means nothing, mostly, we know Eddie's been gone for four years, and we know he played his last game as a Cowboy. Makes me think back to Jerry Jones, ironically, and what he said about Emmitt Smith forever being a Cowboy. I can't remember what exactly, and that quote is strangely difficult to locate, but you know the gyst of it.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It really doesn't matter to me whether he retires as a Titan or not. Yeah, we all LOVE Eddie but do we really care that much to see him retire as a Titan? I mean, the guy hasn't played football in 4 years...Fact of the matter is...it doesn't really matter who he played for last because he'll always be known as a Titan (just like Steve McNair)

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Except KC wasn't the 49ers nemesis the way the Ravens were to us. Steve went to the team that cost him (and the Titans) the most likely superbowl victory year.

That's what keeps me bitter. If he'd went to a non AFC South team, and anyone else besides the Ravens, I wouldn't have been nearly as pissed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar