Eddie is calling out the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Let Mariani play WR and let Rusty play QB, they both have a love for the game and want to play. i rather see Rusty sucks it up trying than to see Collins suck it up not caring.

I rather see Mariani suck it up trying than to see Moss not trying to catch the ball.

i seen a guy at work today with his head down dragging his feet, i said BOY! act like your glad to be here!

2. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Ed did not say NFL head coaches. he may have meant or included running back, colleg and high school.

But you are right, Jeff is really the only coach he has had in the NFL
    except for a few plays with the cowboys, who it seemed to me at the time, did not use him in the way he was used here.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

But, he's had those two Head Coaches.

You, on the other hand, feel that you are more qualified than he is, to speak about Jeff Fisher and the Titans. :sad2:

Because you must be the Titans all-time leading rusher. Oh wait.....

That's Eddie George!!

Who are you supposed to be!! :rolleyes:

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I preface this by saying that I am not absolving Fisher here.....BUT

I am not so sure that this is all on Fisher. If what some posters here are saying (team is loyal to VY instead of the coach) is actually true, and if as a result they are not playing with any heart, I really believe that we need a complete housecleaning (alot of players along with Fisher need to go). I do not care what the reasons are, these people are professionals, and get paid an awful lot of money by, ultimately, us the fans (more by the folks in Nashville, but also by me via my annual NFL Sunday Ticket package). To play with no heart is absolutely unacceptable, and unprofessional.

Totally agree with Eddie...can we place his heart in a younger body???? Sure wish we could.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Fixed that for you. :D

6. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

I don't think this has anything to do with a guy that won't even be here untill next year.

I just think the rest of the team decided to walk out on Fisher.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put all of it on Fisher (though I do think he bears a very significant part of the blame). At the end of the day, when a guy decides to mail it in it's on him. All I'm saying is it's ridiculous how some people are seemingly absolving Fish of any responsibility in the matter. If your entire team has quit then you obviously F'd up somewhere along the way.

Now, that certainly doesn't excuse the players in all this. I agree with you 100%. They're professionals. They get paid ridiculously well to play a game. It's unacceptable for them to be laying down like this while us regular folk shell out our hard earned money to support them. Whether you love your coach or hate his guts, you should be giving your all for the fans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Many good posts in this thread and this is my feeling on this team....

I work my tail off during the week, spent my hard earned money on my fair share of tickets and jerseys, and spent countless days watching the games with a cousin and an overpriced pizza. but now, I am still working my tail off and in my spare time I would like to see my team do the same.

but I do not, instead I saw a team with the lowest paid player, still making well over 3 times what I make, play like they did not care. It is just a game but it is depressing.

I no longer watch our games, instead I watch the Bucs play, they were my favorite team before the Titans came to Tennessee and I am glad to see them rebound from the past few seasons. It is not too much to ask that my home team plays with some fire in their belly.

Someone, somewhere needs to call this team out. Now is the perfect time for a guy in that locker room to step up and be a leader. Sadly, I do not think that will happen. I just hope a prior Titan, hopefully Bishop at this point really calls them out. As it is obvious Frank and Eddie are not going to.

See ya next season Tennessee

9. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

To suggest that a team could react this way out of loyalty to a single player is ridiculous.

It is 100% all on Fisher.

We've seen the signs from various players over the years that Fisher isn't exactly loved by the locker room. Most recently Bulluck.

Who hasn't worked somewhere where a moron has been in a supervisory role?
    Say a great sales person who gets promoted to management but has no people skills.

Staff are caught in a catch 22. Your job is now in danger through no faultof your own. The captain steering the ship is severely lacking.

The reality is though that it would be career suicide to mutiny. The result is that the employees turn up heartless and desperate to get out.

That to me is what Fisher is facing now. His handling of Vince Young can be put aside.

His coaching methods and preferred style of play is out of touch and innefective. He steered this ship to where we are. It's all on him.

I just don't see anyway to come back from this without cleaning house.

You can criticise players for mailing it in despoite big salaries but it's not that simple. Money isn't everything.

Doesn't matter who you are or how much you earn. Sports players,Hollywood A listers, the man in the street. If you feel trapped in a bad job working for an asshole it's going to be evident in your work.

If a team feels that way it gets real ugly.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar