Eddie George

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by i82much, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i82much

i82much Guest

I am a Ravens fan. Always have been and always will be. This is my first post and may be my last over here. I just started reading some of the threads and saw some nonsense about Eddie George being a pansy or scared of Ray Lewis or some ridiculousness?

No chance. People in B-more have mad respect for Eddie George and the guy always played tough against us. Sometimes Ray won that matchup, sometimes Eddie won. That's football. I never saw Eddie George lay down, and that's all there is to it.

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Eddie vs. Ray Ray rivalry was some of what the NFL is all about. From what I understand, they were actually friendly with each other off the field.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You are the first sensible Raven fan I have come across.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There was only one poster who made those comments. You are correct, it's a ridiculous statement that EG was scared of Lewis, or a pansy.
    Don't let one far-off comment here throw you about the whole site...

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I just broke your Hi-Five cherry. It was a great rivalry. Maybe Lendale can pick up the torch against rey rey

6. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Yes, I think they were like rival pro westler's enemies in the ring friemds outside of it.

7. i82much

i82much Guest

Hey it's no accident the Ravens have picked up some high-profile ex-Titans, McNair and Mason. Even when McNair's arm strength was diminished he always played tough for us and Mason is as tough as they come. I love Jeff Fisher, I think you guys draft and develop tough players, and I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about Eddie George.

It's one of those things. You know how you just sometimes really have a ton of respect for an opposing player? Eddie George was always one of those guys. Looking at our big rivalry now vs. Pittsburgh, I gotta say Ben Roethlisberger is another. Just tough guys who play hard and sometimes beat you and sometimes don't. I was really shocked (and a little pissed off even?) to read some smack-talk about Eddie George on any board, let alone a Titans board.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:applause:

hope more of you show up this weekend, because I'm in no mood to be provoked

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

X-Box sucks...:grrhee:

Just joking.

I hope there are more of these Raven fans coming too. The others are tools.

10. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Eddie and Ray loved each other like brothers off the field but tried to rip each other's heads off for the 60 minutes they were on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar