Eddie George update - looking forward to Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think this strung off another topic that had kind of strayed when I was defending the fact that I though Eddie would go. Others argued that he would not. I have always said that I do not think he is first ballot but I think in 5 years he is a good shot.

The players I mentioned before
    Rice, E Smith, etc all left there teams the way George did and did not retire on the team they were known for.

Rings are not required for the HOF. Dan Marino would be the most obvious example.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I still think a SB ring can only help Eddie George's cause.
    That and his cause can use a little bit of help.

Oh yeah... he should have stayed in Tennessee.
    He could have gotten alot more play here.

I've never been as mad over a FA deal over one of our big-time players :wave: as #1 Steve McNair and I really didn't like Eddie George leaving, but I need to understand that it's only 5% of what the NFL is that I'm a fan of. For roughly 49 weeks a year is business as usual and these guys aren't playing for some dang birthright.

Kearse, JMac, DMase, R.Godfrey, S.Rolle, others...
    Man, I hated seeing those guys go...
    I understood.

Steve now? It's been the last straw. Business is business.
    That is what I must remember. Eddie George would have gotten a great deal many more touches in Tennessee then he ever did in Dallas. Our team might have still sucked and he might of been cut in this year's preaseason... George would have battled on until the wheels fell off completely.

He made a huge mistake in going to Dallas.
    To a much lesser extent, Steve McNair is making a huge mistake by trying to play on reputation in Baltimore. He could ink a five year deal that could guarentee him a legitimate shot at winning Super Bowl XLIV.

I sometimes take it hard when our big stars depart.

I don't know if you have heard prior HOF debate for McNair or Eddie George... seems to me that alot of opinions lean the way of they are about as short as Dyson at the Rams goal line in the Georgia Dome.

Dan Marino has more records and more impressive stats than McNair.
    Rice? ESmith? ... forget how they left... look what they did while they were there...

3. whatever

whatever Guest

None of these guys retirements were nearly as anticlimactic as George's. It's not the fact that he went to another team, it's the fact that he quite literally faded away. Has he even formerly announced his retirement yet?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Nope.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Umm do you remember what happened to Tim Brown?

The get off of the Raiders because you will not get another pass here to going to Tampa to where? Seems pretty similar to Eddie.

Barry Sanders retired to try and escape the Lions only to be held to contract so he could not go anywhere for 2 seasons then just stayed retired.

Rice got shafted by the Raiders just to go to Seattle and vanish. He even complained he was not getting enough balls thrown to him.

Emitt went out like a champ in Arizona but he was thought to be ready to fade away.

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

While we're deleting topics that have been beaten to death.....

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Step off Brian... this is a quality thread. If you have got an issue, take it up with the party(ies) responsible. Why don't you share your Eddie George for hall of fame insight?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Goot Lawd, we need something to happen over at Baptist Sports Park just to have something fresh to talk about.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe i'll go over and start a picket about BPS needing a Temple of Reynaldo erected for a place of worship...something fresh to talk about
    :brow:

10. Mac Attack

Mac Attack Guest

2 years of averaging over 4 yards per carry. Every other year was sub 4.0.

Simply laughable.

The only thing seperating Ed George from Tyrone Wheatley, and players of that ilk, was opportunity.

Few organisations would have been willing to throw away 350 plays a year on a guy with no big play ability and who was so inefficient. But that was Fisher ball.

He never should have been anything more than a situational 10-15 carry a game guy ala TJ Duckett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar