Eddie George - HOF

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Nov 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

They're not playing for the game anymore, they are playing for the money.

2. WinnipegTitan

WinnipegTitan Starter

Do you blame them ? Obviously we all hate it.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

No I don't blame them, if my employer said we are going to pay you 100 million over the next 5 years I'd take it!

They want the $ when they play well but won't give it back when they suck lol

But we keep going to the games, buying their jerseys.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

people whine about opposing fans coming here but they never seem to acknowledge *why* more locals choose to stop going

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He fell of after that point though. His 5th season was his career high in carries, with 403, carreer high in yards, and TDs. He was still ok after that season, but not really the same back after that year.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. Very good player, but I dont think he is a Hall of Famer. If they had pulled out the SB I think he and Steve's HOF case would be a lot stronger, but I think they are both more Hall of very good rather than HOF.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie was just not good enough, elite enough to be in that class. There are several backs with similar careers who are not there and should also not be there.

A career 3.6 yards a carry is not elite!

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is being 28th in career rushing yards good enough for the HOF? Note that Marshawn Lynch is 29th right behind him and people could argue he is more deserving.

If Eddie deserves to be in than Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon and Ricky Watters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson deserve to be in.

Steven Jackson a similar type player had a thousand more career yards and averaged a half yard a carry more.

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Jamal Lewis and Steven Jackson were so damn good at their peak, along with Shaun Alexander. Just don't find those type of RB's anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agree but we can see at other positions the individual statistics don’t tell the entire story.

For example, Dillon spent almost his entire career on a losing bengals team.

It should be noted EG is also a lot lower in total TD count too. I’ve thought that was a bigger hinderance than his YPC mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar