Eddie George a HOF'er?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BullyDozzzer, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Oh and a guy who should definitely be in is Curtis Martin as soon as he's eligible. 14000+ rushing yards, 90 career rushing TD's and an 11 year career with 3500+ carries with 4.0 ypc average, the guy has gotta be in.

Fred Taylor too would be ahead of Eddie in my mind, and he's still not done playing.

Corey Dillon would be ahead of him too stats wise. Eddie was great for us but the more I look, there's a lot of guys who deserve to go in before him.

And when you look at what a guy means to a team... Jerome Bettis meant a ton to the Steelers and had much better yards. I just don't see Eddie ever gettin in.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I love Eddie George. He was a warrior, a beast, and is my favorite player of all time. But all this bull excrement you just wrote comparing him to Jim Brown is absurd. Jim Brown was probably the most well rounded, versatile back ever to play the game. Jim Brown is a Rolls Royce Phantom. Eddie George is a Chrysler 300. Not even in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence sir.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

pacman should be getting inducted anyday now... he can rep the titans

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jim brown played 9 seasons and in all of those 9 seasons he was the best back in the league bar none. Nobody had discussions or debates about who the best back was while brown was playing. There was no debate.

Brown played 9 years.

9 pro bowls

8 1st team all pro.

No comparison!

The only back of that era who could touch brown was gayle sayers but brown retired after the 65 season which was sayer's rookie year.

By the way if we judged QBs for the hall the same way we judge RBs using total career yardage then kerry collins is a sure thing hofer. He is 3rd alltime in passing yardage.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would throw out payton and emmitt as examples since their longevity and durability were so uncommon.

I know that tomlinson had a huge number of carries in 2007 despite having turner #2. How moronic is that?

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Moronic to give the football to the best football player on the field? I guess so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar