Ed Reed playing with torn shoulder labrum!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Someone really hurt TWW2s feelings for another one of these threads to pop up. Who here was mean to him?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I just saw this about reed and it maid me disappointed in the fact that a safety who HITS ppl can play through pain but our qb cant!

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I live in Egypt so my sources are maybe unreliable, but our HC did at least say the following (very recently too):

“It was good to see him,” Munchak said. “It was what we hoped he’d be able to handle. Now it is a matter of how sore he gets and giving him more to do. He is a guy you have to hold back; he wants to be out there. But he is progressing.” - Per Titans Insider Post in 'Locker Practices...' Thread

Also, I'm not going to 'look' for sources to back my argument, but I also wouldn't make something like this up.

When I think Locker, toughness is one of the things that comes to mind. I don't fabricate such, I read a lot about sports, so I'm sure such a thought came from several sources over the past couple years - or else I wouldn't think it would I...

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

Thats Just coach talk. Locker may or may not be tough but he is very injury prone which plays a role in being considered tough if he cant play through those injuries!

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Okay. Your point has been made. Nobody agrees with you. Let it go.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Threadstarter is wrong as he could be imo, but you are incredibly immature.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Man, I've also been very critical of Lock myself, as I think we all should be - he ill be the face of our franchise.

But I'm not gonna stoop that low for a guy who's obviously got a more serious shoulder problem then you know....

Did you not see this article when it came out?

--

Per NFL.com Article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...e-locker-might-need-shoulder-surgery-doc-says)

Tennessee Titans quarterback Jake Locker could miss multiple games after his second shoulder dislocation of the season. The medical staff had to pop the shoulder back into place Sunday against the Houston Texans. Again.

Dr. Mike Pagnani, director of Nashville Knee and Shoulder Center, told The Tennessean once a player has that injury, it will continue to happen. Pagnani has been the team physician for the New York Giants and the NHL's Nashville Predators, as well as a consultant for the Miami Dolphins.
    Eventually, the pain will go away," Pagnani said. "The risk is, it's going to happen again and it's probably just a matter of time before it does. He is going to go out there and he is going to get hit wrong and it's going to pop out again. And he'll go through the same scenario where they pop it back in, and he's going to be real sore for a week or two until he ultimately gets it fixed."

Pagnani thinks surgery is inevitable. In that scenario, Locker would be done for the season with a four to six month recovery time.

"He's already had one trial of non-operative treatment, and maybe I would give him one more shot at this," Pagnani said. "But if it popped out again, that would probably be it. I would probably jut fix it, and that would be the end of the season for him.

"It just depends on the discretion of the player, and the doctor to a degree, as to how many episodes you are willing to put up with."

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need for TWW2 to stop making these threads so we dont have to block or ban him. Sometimes he's got good posts. So my hope is for him to shut up about Lockers toughness or lack of, and just keep on moving.

We know he's hurt dude, we dont need you reminding us by flinging crappy threads at us.

10. TitansWillWin2

His shoulder problem isn't as big of a problem as reed's is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar