Economy Car

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VolnTitan, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It probably actually does have a whistle, since the horn might clutter up the under-the-hood space.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a 2006 Civic (coupe). I love it.

Averages about 32-33 MPG... and it's got a nice look to it. I just hit 100,000 miles the other day, but I bought it when it had 52k on it.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Acura doesn't make a car with good gas mileage (at least not that I know of).

Nissan does have the Sentra and Versa which have great gas mileage, but they're ugly cars. My dad has an Altima... has a nice look to it and gets about 29-30 MPG on average. That's not a bad choice.

I'd still stick to a Honda.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You can't go wrong with Nissan cars. I haven't driven any of their trucks, but the cars are top-notch. I had a '95 Maxima that had 120,000 miles on it when I bought it(my first car). It had over 200,000 when I crashed it and during those 80,000+ miles the only thing it needed was for the fuel injectors to be flushed out. I'd probably still be driving it if I wasn't a moron.

Unfortunately the Altimas and Maximas are pretty expensive new or close to new, so I had to go another route for my second car.... Don't buy a Saturn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ended up going with the Elantra. Got a good deal and more features than any car at it's price.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its a rice burner, make sure the North Korean shrapnel is removed.

lol - just ribbing you. Its your money do what you want.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not as much worried about high gas prices since I'm now so used to getting raped filling my Durango. I filled it up for $88.98 the other day. It's dumb to keep pushing that thing around when there's so many better cars out there, but it is a one of a kind Durango, and since I drive on the sidewalks, I need clearance, so I keep it.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Hey I'm going from roughly 13 mpg and $400-500 a month in gas to 35+ mpg and less than a hundred a month...I'm way ok with that.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

They're coming this year. Peugeot, Volvo, Mercedes among those. I'm pretty sure Toyota is almost ready with one too.
    http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-v60-plug-in-diesel-hybrid/17940/

What about the Chevy Volt? (in Europe it's the Opel Ampera). It's using it's gas engine to power the battery and the secondary electric engine (which is acts as a genereator when braking). The gas engine is not connected to the wheels, only the electric engines.
    It's rated to 145 MPG (62,5 km/l)

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar