Easy offseason plan for JRob

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think we trade anyway and I agree, I don’t think anyone is really expecting so much out of a 19 pick that they would mortgage next years first for it.
    I was more just asking the question of value.

I think each of the last 3 years I’ve seen some “trade back” ideas pop up and I just don’t think that’s realistic. We got a great deal off Stl when they took Goff, but those trades are so rare and we’re not in that position to think it’s always an option.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Just last year the Saints traded up from 27 to 14 and gave up a 2019 1st AND a 5th.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Someone always drops in the draft, some teams are always willing to jump up to get their guy.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just so its known, JR traded up 7 spots to get jack Conklin in 2016. He also moved up 19 spots in the 5th round for LeShaun Simms that same year.

Then 2017 he moved up 11 spots to take Taywan Taylor in the 3rd round. And again did the same for Jayon Brown in the 5th round of that draft.

2018 same story different draft. JR moved up 3 spots to get us Evans, and then moved up 16 spots to get us Landry.

I fully expect us to NOT be picking 19th.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

fair enough. It’s paying off as they are clearly a SB favorite. I just dont see it happening every year and its not a common thing for the same team to do multiple times.

6. HurrayTitans!

in an earlier quote I did acknowledge that this happens in the later rounds often. Not often is a first round pick traded back for an additional first round pick next year other than for a QB and even less often for a position of 19.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You beat me to it, this is a perfect example of a team coveting a player and making a move to get who they want. It wasn't even a QB, so let's not act like the only time trades happen in the draft are for QBs.

Also, the draft value chart is very outdated. No team uses it. It is a very rough estimate at what the picks MIGHT be worth. It was created by Jimmy Johnson back in the 90s.

Also, it's not like J-Rob can ONLY trade #19 to pick up an additional 1st in the next draft. He could add an additional late round pick, or a player on our roster the team likes.

8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Offense
    QB - Release Gabbert. Sign Bridgewater, Taylor, RG3 in that order.
    RB - Draft one in late rounds
    WR - Need a vet WR, AB would be awesome in a trade but unlikely. John Brown or Humphries only if the contracts stay reasonable. Draft one in mid rounds if no FA picked up
    TE - If Walker is healthy by the draft then we are good, if not have to get one in the mid rounds.
    OL - Need huge upgrades on the interior, Jones, & Kline need to go for sure. I'd like to see Kelly in the starting line up, maybe move him or Conklin to G. Sign a FA C/G to compete (Pamphile/Spain back on a friendly deal would work) Draft a C/G in mid to late rounds.

Defense
    DL - Stacked draft imagine a top prospect falls to us a 19.
    OLB - Suggs would be an awesome Vet to have around but dont think he plays unless it's for Ravens, Sign Morgan for depth only if 1yr cheap deal. Draft BPA in 2nd. Dont see us spending big in FA
    LB - Set for starters Compton back on a cap friendly deal
    CB - set for starters, Bring back Ty Smith for 5th back
    S - Resign Vacarro, Release or restructure Cyps contract, Resign Lewis is Cyp won't take less money

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I say sign Bridgewater, Taylor AND RG3 and then put ALL FOUR ultra athletic QBs on the field at the same time! Run all kindsa trick plays and go all Globetrotters on the league. ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Sounds good until we roll it out, rg3 gets the snap tears his acl, flips it off to mariota who fumbles the lateral and bumps his elbow going numb everywhere, ball squirts into the open field where Bridgewater leg explodes as he dives for it, finally Taylor picks up the ball, throws deep to Corey Davis who pulls his hammy allowing Malik hooker to pick 6 us .

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar