Earl Thomas with our #1 pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I believe we should stay at 16 and get the best need position player on the board. A DE(Dunlap-Griffen-graham) or a CB(Thomas-haden-Wilson).

If we see a player we really want in rd 2 we are going to have to trade our regular 3rd and 4th rd picks to move up which is not a bad idea since we are getting a 3rd as compensation for AH.

If McClain was to fall to 16 we can make that move but i doubt he will be there.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McClain if he's there, but wont play till next year probably.

I still think we should trade down. Pickup a late 2nd or 3rd. Draft Kyle Wilson. Then use the 2nd for a DE/LB.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd be ok with this move. I want Earl Thomas or Sean Weatherspoon if we stay @ #16 though.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

I think we should go for BPA but only if fits one of our many needs. Basically, I don't want to reach for Kyle Wilson or Bryan Pryce at 16 just b/c they may be the best player at a position of need. Instead, let's trade down, get another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, and get one of the players we originally intended on in the first place.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not easy to trade down and get enough value. We have not done that very often and few teams are willing to give up a 2nd rd pick just to move up a few spots.

Regarding Mcclain i would not see him as just a MLB. He has similar size to a defensive End and might be faster than any end in this draft pending his pro day runs. He is a guy who can line up outside and rush the passer every now and then.

The bears have done that with Urlacher and i remember Bryan Cox being that type of guy. McClain is physically similar to Sergio Kindle which is why he is so coveted in this draft.

6. xpmar9x

I 99% agree with this. The only thing is DE in this order Morgan, JPP, Griffen, Dunlap. Graham I guess is an OLB (3-4 I'm guessing).

I'm really warming up to Earl Thomas. His Texas Longhorns bio says he played corner. Many sites have him as the #2 corner. If we don't get him, the Texans will, then he we be dominating us for the next 5 years. Plus the Titans like their corners physical, Thomas is that.

Our Big Board should be this: (of course Suh, McCoy will be gone)
    Berry
    Morgan
    McClain
    Haden
    Thomas
    JPP
    Griffen
    Wilson
    Dunlap
    Weatherspoon
    Mays
    McCourtey

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The CB issue really comes down to what the team thinks they have in Mouton and McCourty. If they aren't getting a huge upgrade by drafting Thomas or another CB to play Harper's spot there is no reason to make the pick in the 1st round and they can look for another sleeper late for depth and development. We took Mouton in the 3rd round last year and McCourty was a surprise in the 6th and might win the job. The issues with tackling bother me some. One of the nice things about having a S at that CB spot you would think is to have a more physical tackler. If he can't tackle well he might not be worth a 16th pick. If his tackling is acceptable and perceived as better than what they got his ball skills could make him a viable upgrade.

8. Big Time Titan

Me too. I'm hoping that since every mock and draft expert has us taking a DL that we can sneak in and steal Thomas. I want this guy bad.

9. xpmar9x

If we draft him, we need to tell his right away we want his as a corner. Don't do what we did with Griff and try to switch him after a year. Let him focus on getting coverage skills and more speed. He could be a great corner.

10. Big Time Titan

I couldn't agree more. We can't move him back and forth, give him a role and stick to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar