Earl Thomas with our #1 pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Well I don't really get where your going with this Texas has some decent cb's in the NFL. Aaron Ross is above average, Quentin Jammer is a good cb, and Cedric Griffin. None have had Woodson's career but are good NFL players.

Vasher was good for a while too.

I liked Trent in last years draft didn't Cincy take him? I'm too lazy too look.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm totally ok with taking Thomas at 16.

3. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

"His highest value to the team was clearly at safety.

During Nickel situations, his highest value was at the Nickel CB position so that's why he played there and not at safety."

Finally someone acknowledges his versatility as a DB. Thomas can play all over the field on D, I think thats important in the NFL let alone playing Manning n' CO. twice a year

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Wow, didn't know you had a direct line to Mack's head? And what does Eric Barry have to do with Thomas, many draft experts see Thomas as the #1 DB in this draft over Barry.

BTW thank you for proving your nothing but a michigan homer, but I'd rather have the success of the Texas DBs over the two michigan guys you touted.

BTW if Aaron Williams were in this draft he would have been a sure fire 1st round pick, probably the #1 corner picked.

It must suck to have all than michigan talent and still suck as much as they do.

+1

5. Big Time Titan

This is impressive. I like the idea of a tough versatile DB that can do it all.

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Thomas just ran a 4.37 at the Texas pro day. The Texas track is usually pretty average as far as track speeds go, meaning there isn't really any advantage given to players who run it versus running on other tracks. So in all that's a pretty good indicator of his top speed.

7. Tull

Tull Starter

"many draft experts see Thomas as the #1 DB in this draft over Barry."
    You mean 1 expert, Mike Mayoch? Thomas is good but MOST experts know that Berry is the best DB in this draft.

8. Big Time Titan

That's some good speed. I like this kid a lot. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we do take him.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Look, I know he is fast enough to play CB but is he fast enough to convert to CB?:ha::ha::ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If you have a stud DB sometimes you play the guy at S instead of CB in college. It gives the secondary the most advantageous use of talent. Doesn't mean the day the DB goes out to play S he is doomed to neve play CB the rest of his life and if you don't think Berry can step out and play Cb as well you are brain farting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar