Earl Campbell paying price for punishing running style

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I hope so

Oh my god no wayyyyyyyyyy

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

He was a one-man wrecking machine and never lifted!?!?! It is scary to think what he could have been if he lifted. Just sick!

4. there are many more weighs to get muscle that doesnt involve pumping iron... i lift weights but he could be like jamaal lewis and just use a punching bag, or he could do something like gymnastics where they just use their body weight as resistance.... just some examples

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I just don't think any lift that uses the body's weight can compare to squatting 600-800 lbs in addition to your body weight for building brute lower body strength.

Sure some people can get by without weights, but I think they are leaving some potential on the table by doing so.

I lift too BTW.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I read an article a few years back about McNair and how most of his strength was from working around the farm.

I've seen a few articles on Earl and the damage his career had on him. Many others as well.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

and people question why tiki barber retired....

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tiki barber didnt run as physically as earl did, but i understand why he did retire.

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Tiki doesn't have a punishing running style.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Hershel Walker never lifted either..but did 200 situps and pushups daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar