Eagles fire Jim Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryno, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Everyone talks about Washburn like he got the most out of players. Did he really? He got more sacks than maybe those players would have otherwise recorded, but it came at the expense of run defense (awful under Washburn) and a million offside penalties.

Like I said before, he has his time and I'm sure he's a good guy. I don't think it makes any sense to bring him back, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wow, good job. There's another thread floating around where I talked up Horton. I don't know if it was before or after that thread.

We can say you win, just cause I'm not sifting thru weeks of posts to see who said what first. (not like it matters much)

4. xpmar9x

IT MATTERS ALOT, OKAY?!?!

[ps: I just used the seach bar and typed in "Ray Horton']

But for real, Ray Horton is who we need. He's got that no BS approach, isn't afriad to get after his players, Dick LeBeau disciple... he's done work for that ARZ defense. Especially since they have literally no offense and the defense is always on the field.

7th in Points Allowed
    7th in Yards Allowed
    3rd in P. Yds Alw'd
    24th in R. Yds Alw'd

Disappointed in the rush yards, but they've also faced Marshawn Lynch, Stevan Ridley, LeSean McCoy/Mike Vick, Sjax x2, CJ Spiller/Jackson, AP, Gore, Michael Turner.. so they've faced some legit runningbacks.

I'm worried that if Wisenhunt gets the can that Ray Horton will be their #1 option for HC? I hope not. Rays the guy we need.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree completely

NO to Washburn

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'll jump on the Ray Horton bandwagon

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind Horton or any proven coordinator as this teams next head coach. And YES to Washburn as DL coach! But he'll end up in STL

8. xpmar9x

I'd assume that Ray Horton = 3-4 defense

Being a Dick LeBeau guy and always on a 3-4, makes the most sense. Im curious who he would bring in to assist with the defense (DL, DB, LB coaches.. etc)

Man, I'd love to pickup Star Lotulelei. Move ZB inside w/ McCarthy, Ayers/Wimbley to the outside. Star at NT and then Martin/Casey as DEs (Morgan too).

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Like firing his DL coach is going to save his rear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar