Eagles CB Worley arrested and tased.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Cut Worley, but keep that pos Michael Bennett....eye roll hahaha. Cut em both!

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

We both know you drive a Buick.

3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

this. people lose sight of the being human in this whole police vs people debate. 98% of people in their life have waited for someone inside a certain location which was most likely a business; especially with cold weather being a factor. Unless they we're being a public disturbance there really isn't a need to call the police anyway, even if its company policy you must purchase something. Its just amazing how when situations like this happen people go to the side of -- "well don't break the law" when everyone in their life has broken laws numerous amounts of time in their lives.

People should start trying to be more understanding instead of playing sides all the times.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JBC

JBC Starter

As someone else in law enforcement, I agree. Once someone has violated a law to the point you have to take them into custody, simply walking them outside and releasing them is not an option. You open yourself up for potential lawsuits, not to mention reprocussions for violating general orders.

As for taking 5 Officers to effect the arrest, Law enforcement will always use as much resources as it takes to handle the situation. Those officers were dealing with a professional athlete who is in peak physical condition, not a crack head. to suggest that an officer is supposed to be able to handle someone who outweighs them and is in better shape alone, and without less than lethal force is asinine. If an officer gets overpowered, they run a high risk of being killed due to the fact that they are carrying a weapon that could be taken from them during the struggle.

Yes, the taser sucks worse than being sprayed. I've experienced both, but I can still function well enough to defend myself after being sprayed. The initial taser ride may only be 5 seconds, but you can be reenergized over and over. I was unable to move, until the ride was over. My experiences have been while engaged with a suspect and we were struggling. If you are holding onto someone who gets teased, you take the ride too. If your body comes into contact with the wires connected to the probes, you get energized as well.

Each state has subtle differences in their laws concerning the matter everyone is discussing here. For instance, in Tennessee, if police is called to a business because someone has been told to leave and is refusing, that person is trespassing. It is a misdemeanor, so the officers can only effect an arrest if they witness the crime. If officers arrive on the scene and the subject still refuses to leave upon request, then the officers have no choice but to effect an arrest. If the subject fights the officers when they attempt to take him into custody, he is also committing the offenses of resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct.

It's a shame that the incident went down like it did, but As someone who has been in that position, police would much rather handle the situation without a struggle. Effecting an arrest means the officers have to transport the suspect to the jail, fill out an intake sheet, type a report, draw warrants up and take them to a clerk to swear to them, complete a use of force report and turn it in to the supervisor for review, and likely spend a few days in court. It is much easier on the officer to handle the situation without all of that, if the subject can be reasonable. However, people are usually already pissed off when the officers get there, and some people just won't listen to reason. From my experience, we as officers will be as polite as you will allow us to be.

I go by the rule of 3. When I need someone to do something (such as leave), I ask them.

If they refuse, I tell them.

If they still refuse, I make them.

And that's when they are going to jail.

Just 2 cents from someone with 16 years in law enforcement.

#44 JBC, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Signed by the Raiders. No suprise there.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not surprising at all, good, young, and cheap players always worth a 2nd squeeze

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Oh god... another cop

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's ok Dee, he cant get you online

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, that’s the FBI.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JBC

JBC Starter

Gotta make a living. I enjoy what I do and I'm good at it. If you are worried about it, just don't commit any crimes in West Tennessee, and you won't hear from me. ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar