EA, Madden, and the NFL license

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by CalgaryTitansFan, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yup, I don't even know what is "new" about 16 outside of the Titans roster.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

EA's exclusivity license is up in 2017 if I'm not mistaken. Every year there is rumor that the contract is up but I read a few years back it is until 2017 and I'm fairly confident that is correct. (I tried to source it but I really can't find anything, so take this with a grain of salt)

My prediction is that when that is up the game name will change to Gruden. He's basically the Madden of this generation. MNF talking head, ridiculous statements before and during the games, and he's an ex SB winning coach. (or a competitor could do this)

As for whether or not another competitor steps in, I really don't know, depends on how EA has that contract set up. But if the NFL has an option to allow other companies to make football games I would think they are going to do it. They must know how people feel about Madden being the only option. The game is always lacking somewhere, although I disagree with most of you here, I actually love the Ultimate Team feature, that is probably my favorite part other than connected careers with friends.

The one thing I don't understand about these damn games is why there is never classic teams. If you play any other professional sports game they ALWAYS have legendary teams but for some reason Madden completely ignores that possibility. I thought for sure in Madden 25(Anniversary Year) they would have some, but nope, they literally did nothing special for that game, whatsoever. That's why I didn't buy '15. Alas, I will probably buy the next one just so I can play with Mariota on the Titans.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I think you're right on 2017 Vondy, I seem to recall reading around that year too. Hopefully it brings some competition.

As for Ultimate Team, I enjoyforteam NHL but with NFL rosters being so large, I found it took too long to build a decent team.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why would they change the name to Gruden? Madden has brand recognition and was influential to the game's development and dialogue back in the day.

Gruden is going to be Tennessee's head coach by then anyway...

:troll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar