dwight smith?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Smith actualy does have quality CB experience. The word is Minnesota is pursuing him to play the nickel spot. I personally don't understand our seeming lack of interest in the guy. He could help our D alot.

2. We don't need another safety. Plus, it's not like he's that great.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

he is experienced at CB- I believe he played corner his first two years in the league...

4. ya we need to fill the cornerback spot up with better people

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

He's not great, but he's very good, definite upgrade for us...

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

any idea of home much of our 5.5 mill he'll take up?

7. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

If my calculations are correct I believe it's approximately 63 dollars and 93 cents...But Hey, this is coming from the guy that isn't that great at math..

8. smili

smili Starter

"The four years that were remaining on his New Orleans contract were for base salaries of $1.2 million (for 2006), $1.6 million (2007),"

That's pretty cheap for a quality secondary, and apparently he has corner type skills if needed for backup. There must be something else behind the scenes going on if nobody took the trade.

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

From ESPN today...
    "A former Akron standout, and the third-round pick of the Bucs in the 2001 draft, Smith is the kind of safety many teams want now, an interior defender with cornerback-level coverage skills. In fact, Smith started his career with the Bucs as a standout nickel cornerback and then was moved to safety 2003.

Smith, 27, provides a defense with tremendous flexibility because of his hybrid skills and his ability to move out into the slot and cover wide receivers."

I think we should make a play. But that's just me.

10. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

If he comes to Tennessee will we have to say bye bye to Andre????...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar