Dungy: Titans had a bounty on Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If the Titans had a bounty on Peyton, it sure wasn't very successful.
    If they had one on the Texans QB, Haynesworth racked up some nice change...

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Haha so true, Haynesworth used to KILL Texans QB's :grrr:

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Titans?? We have the talk done but aren't that imposing physically. As much as I'd like us to be one of the top hardcore and physical teams...we just aren't. Hopefully we are in the process of returning to that form. I saw it turn around some this season but still it's mainly be the first few series. We had a top hard nose D when we had AH (mostly cuz of his leadership in this area and the others followed suit)...same on offense when we had Mawae.

Top 10 (after the top two it's a big jumble)
    Ravens (only get the nod over Pitt because of RayRay)
    Steelers
    Saints
    Bears
    Giants
    Lions
    Bengals
    Jets
    Texans
    Cowboys

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I once threw a Mtn Dew can at the TV hitting Maning in the face. He threw an interception the next play. Damn right I had a bounty out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

If it's something he heard, then I believe him. He ought to have real good hearing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Was it a full can? My buddy got hit in the head with a full can of pepsi one night, looked like it hurt.

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I think players should be trying to hit each other as hard as possible as long as the hit is legal.

thats what football ball is about. this story makes me think players don't go 100% unless they are paid. I miss Sean Taylor. that kid hit hard when ever possible.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Every team Defense has bounties of their own in their locker rooms. What's interesting to me is that from what I've read, these bounties came out of the players wallets sorted by the players without coaches directly involved. Now the coaches knew something was going on, but didn't directly participate or stop the bounty system.

So, my question is.........How is this all on Gregg Williams? The players set it up, the players paid the bounties, Williams just knew it was going on in the background. That's like saying these Mofo's are playing craps in the locker rooms and nobody stops them, so now you jump on the head coach for running illegal gambling rings. Stupid!!

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

dungy is a snitch!

10. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

gotta say, it dropped my opinion of Dungy by a notch or two. It's probably true, but certainly makes him look childish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar