Dungy contemplating retirement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Dungy has a great interest in the ministry. For what it is worth, his son is now going to high school in Tampa.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

After the Titans *** kicked them, I would consider it too. We outscored them on the season. 40-36.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Everybody knows Manning is the real coach of the Colts. He can (and has) vetoed any call Dungy makes that he disagrees with,
    and Manning makes all the offensive play selections.
    Dungy is just a figure head there...

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'd be a little annoyed to watch Dungy go.
    He's a classy coach and has recently played us with respect. Imagine a fool like belichick takes over..

He'd be making a V sign and lick between it each time they score a touchdown against us, and he sure as hell wouldn't throw in his backups when we need a last minute win to make the playoffs..

Whether Dungy remains the Dolt's coach or not shouldn't determine how far we make it in the playoffs in the future. We lost against a mediocre (IMO) San Diego..

Our offense didn't play like it wanted to win. We need to take control of our destiny in the future rather than look at who coaches rival teams around the league. But one thing i know for sure is that I prefer Dungy to most of the other coaches out there.. that goof Jack Del Rio included.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ people discrediting Dungy. He leaves, and that entire team falls apart.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Absolutely gloat..

Dungy is the catalyst that holds that team together and gets them to play well as a team despite adversity. The notion that manning coaches the team is assinine. Manning is coaching the defense and special teams? DC caldwell will probably be the next falcons coach. Who hired him? When dungy got to indy did he replace the OC tom moore?

Then there is character and credibility. When he tells his players something they believe it because he's so solid a person. Players want to win for him and he makes players believe there is little they cannot do.

The moronic notion that dungy is just a fiqure head is bullcrap. He won in tampa with garbage QBs. He almost went to a super bowl with shaun king. Anyone who thinks he doesn't matter to that team needs a reverse lobotomy..:banned:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dungy without manning..

56% winning percentage..

4 winning seasons out of 6.

4 playoff appearences of 6.

Dungy is not as old as he looks he is 52 but he has been coaching almost his whole adult life and for a long time was one of the best defensive coordinators and position coaches in the NFL. He has been coaching in the nfl since 1981 when the steelers hired him as their DB coach.

In dungy's 9 years as a DC his defenses averaged 11th in total defense with 5 ranked 8th or better.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Also, if you remember correctly. The Bucs should have advanced to the champ game, and was robbed the last play of the game. I wish I could remember the details. But that could have set them up with a superbowl.

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

If (and that is a HUGE IF) Dungy retires it will be a hit to both the team and the community. Those that live in Indiana revere him not for his coaching skills (though those are top notch) but for what he has inspired others to do. Many people like to criticize him for his beliefs... they are just idiots. If you had a son/daughter/sister/brother/etc who Dungy helped you would understand.

As far as the team goes... No coach would be able to replace him. He holds the foundation together. Don't believe, however, that what he helped build will easily crumble. We would still have a great team; great players and GREAT COACHES. We would just be down one. (I think Caldwell could step up) Loosing Dungy wouldn't hurt our draft picks either... so all in all I think the team would survive.

last but not least....

Have you seen these rumors floating all over Indy boards? If you have you frequent more of them then I do (and that would be kinda wrong). Don't believe it until he leaves.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What beliefs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar