DT Sammie Lee Hill signed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I won't say this until I see a huge leap forward in Jake Locker's development. I have faith though with Loggains he seems to be considered a pretty bright up and coming OC, I think Palmer severely handicapped everyone on offense.

Edit: I know he did.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

More Geto Boys relevant to today's happenings.. :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Reports say hes not good verus the run.. That surprising considering his size. If Star is there at 10 and we nab him, then its all good. Casey, Star, Hill, Martin, Klug? Alot of rotation and it will keep everybody fresh. Nice sign on Hill. Least we can get some pressure now.

4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have agreed to terms on a three-year, $11.4 million contract for defensive tackle Sammie Lee Hill, formerly of the Lions.

The deal includes $4 million in guaranteed money. The 6-foot-4, 329-pound Hill played in 15 games for Detroit last year, starting three, and contributed 15 tackles.

Hill started for the Lions as a rookie in 2009, posting 26 tackles in 13 games, but he moved into a backup role when the Lions drafted defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley in the first rounds of the 2010 and 2011 drafts.

A closer look at Sammie Lee Hill

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Wow, I'm pretty surprised with what I'm seeing so far this off season...it's like they all finally woke up and said "enough of this BS...let's build this team already"! So far I'm happy with what I'm seeing. Attention to the offensive line, a bigger back to pound out the tougher yards, a better blocking tight end. Beefing up the D-Line, and it's not over yet! Now all we need a great draft and we could be back in contention again!

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was just as good as Marks last year against the run and he's a bigger body. He'll get a ton more playing time here and has the talent of being a starter here. I love this signing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Yeah that was surprising considering his size he seems to be better at pushing the pocket than stacking the line. But hell we could use some of that too. He is still young and has a lot of growth potential hopefully Millard and Co. can coach him up in that area. Marks didn't do either so I'll take it.

I'm not surprised Marks isn't signed yet.

8. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Hill isn't know for his ability to stop the run but he is known for pushing the pocket. I can't wait to see a Titan Lineman push the pocket again. Like the days of ole AL. Brings a tear to my eye.
    It's like Christmas in March !

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

While I didn't think he would cost us nearly 4 million a year it's still a good signing...he fills a huge need and he's very underrated.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'll be the first to bring it up, but does this big body give us the SIZE in the middle that we would need to run a 3-4 on occasion?

If we signed Mingo/Jordan/Jones in the draft then we could play them standing up on one side with Ayers playing OLBer on the other side. Not saying we make the move to the 3-4 all the time but I think Ayers is best suited for that role as would the 3 draftees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar