DT at #33 ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

This is being lauded as the deepest Defensive Tackle class in decades. As many as a dozen DTs are getting first round grades, with the majority of them expected to be gone by pick 45. There is a very good chance we'll have plenty of top tier choices at the position available at #33. Heck we could even trade back a few spots and still get one with first round talent.

Al Woods has an amazing smile, but our future DT he is not. (Seriously somebody post that press photo from last week, he looks like a big teddy bear)

So if we dont trade #1 and stay with our current picks, and the BPA at #33 is a DT (which is highly possible), do we take one even if it means waiting on a DB or OT until the third?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Its definetely a need. I think it comes down to what depth we have behind Woods vs depth behind Bell at RT. OL and protecting Mariota is definitely priority 1 imo. But to your point if a top talent falls, it should be considered.

3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

The only way I'm taking a defensive tackle at #33 is one of the following falls:
    A'Shawn Robinson
    Jarran Reed
    Veron Butler

I suspect us going after some late round guys if you follow who we have shown interest in:
    Trevon Coley
    Javon Hargrave
    Joel Heath
    Quinton Jefferson
    Darius Latham
    D.J. Reader
    Lawrence Thomas
    Adolphus Washington
    Vincent Valentine

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

I've been thinking this. Don't be surprised if we go DT or maybe even LB, regardless of Tunsil or Ramsey. I think DT is a much bigger need. Although this is supposedly a "deep" class, I only see a handful of true NTs

Those thinking OT/CB or CB/OT is a sure thing in the first 2 rounds, might be unpleasantly surprised.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I'd be cool with a NT type at 33, there's a few worthwhile guys that should be there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar