Dropped Interceptions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STW Chris, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

Hey guys, just came across this article and I thought it'd provide an interesting stat for both supporters and those who aren't as favourable towards Vince Young.

Now, as I'm from England, I usually have to stream the Titan's game every week as they barely get put on tv here, with bigger teams like the Patriots and Steelers taking the show. While I stream, I always log onto the chat, where others on there will have seen me begging for links occassionally :lol:

One of the main topics that I hear, typically when I've not been able to get a link at the time is this:

'FFS VY just threw it at the DB, should have been a pick. Lucky break.'

Now to defend VY against these accusations, our good friends from Football Outsiders have been compiling the stats of dropped interceptions throughout the league. Now Sanchez is top, as expected. But where is VY? The man who has a false reputation for throwing many a pickable pass.

He's second to last.

I know this will cause some backlash and whatnot, but I love a good debate, regardless of the liklihood of it turning ugly.

Source: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/fo-mailbag-dropped-interceptions

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I thought you were going to talk about Cortland Finnegan.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes 'the Diva' does not enjoy the oppertunity to play against the stone hands of the Titan DBs

4. 24

24 Starter

I don't doubt his efficiency. He just brings too much drama.

5. wg53

wg53 Starter

You realize his numbers for dropped ints and ints are low because he has less than 200 pass plays right? It really isn't that impressive when you consider the fact that he really hasn't had the opportunity to throw the ball around like other qbs do.

Brady, Roethlisberger, and Cassell are the impressive numbers on that list with each having around 400+ pass attempts and 1.8 %.

6. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

You really have to look at the percentage on that chart since VY doesn't have as many pass attempts. He comes in at 2.8 percent, which is pretty good compared to others on the chart.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Good Statistic. Interesting to see Tom Brady right there with VY. further cementing his status as maybe the greatest qb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Please don't start to compare VY to Brady. That's just silly. :lol:

9. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Huh? Brady has the best % on that list, VY would be up near Sanchez if he had as many attempts as Brady.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Doesn't surprise me. Vince has come a long way in the past year. He's no interception machine like some other 06 QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar