Drew Lock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by abc2330, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

His name kind of sounds like Andrew Luck. It's got to be a sign.

I have no idea where he's supposed to go. I could see Haskins and Murray going before him. He could legitimately be in play for us, and I'd have to consider it.

His ceiling is too high for me to ignore. The big time, tight window throws, impressive throws on the run, pocket awareness, extended plays, and all of the other things that great young QBs have that ours does not-he's got it.

I don't know if he'll be good, but if he lives to up his potential, then a team hit the jackpot.

2. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

I know most experts are rating this draft as a bad QB draft class much like the MM draft class.( Winston,MM,Bryce Petty,Hundley) So for that reason I have to pass. Next yrs draft is considered a deep QB draft. I would rather try to find our "franchise" in a loaded Qb draft class compared to one that isnt considered good at all. I do like the kids tape though

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Sounds like Jake Locker a little too ...lol ... wouldn’t b mad if we took him tho . We need insurance BAD.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I like him too, but hes going in the 1st, and no way we should spend that on him. I really dont see a huge difference between Lock and guys like Finley, Thorson, or Grier who we could get rounds later. I think this is a situation where we grab a guy in the 3rd and see what weve got. If we dont strike gold and Marcus flops, we get our guy in the 1st in 2020. Herbert, Tua, Eason, Fromm, and Patterson will all be available then.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I like Grier, but many who know him personally do not. Finley has a high floor, but I question how good he could actually be, since he doesn't have much mobility or arm strength. With Thorson it's difficult to know, since he was in such a poor situation. Lock's arm is just a thing of beauty.

As for spending a first , KC had a fine enough starting QB, but took a chance on a high ceiling one in the draft who could potentially put them over the hump. First round picks don't always pan out anyway, I would be okay with risking one on a high ceiling player in the most important position in the league. I get your stance as well, but it seems like we're feeling the urgency to take care of the other positions because the lack of a good QB puts a lot more pressure on everyone else to perform well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not a fan of Lock, pass

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Lock's arm talent jumps off the screen. I wouldn't spend a 1st but I would a 2nd if he's still there - which he won't be.

I really like Grier and Thorson. Would probably have to spend a 2nd on Grier, maybe a little too high. Thorson in the 3rd or 4th would be ideal. He can run the same style of offense as Mariota and he's got a big arm. No telling how good he could have been if his supporting cast wasn't terrible. Literally every scouting report I've read on the guy talks about how bad his WRs and line was.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thorson has the goods, he could be ours in any round.

Grier is going 1st rd tho. Teams always reach for QB's

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Saw him live vs. Alabama. He’s not good at all. Pass.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You know what other QB looked bad against Alabama? Every single other one who wasn't surrounded by NFL caliber talent. His receivers and line didn't stand a chance. Either way, the general consensus was that he improved as the season went along, and PFF had him and Murray rated as the top QBs at the end of the year. L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar