Drew Carter signs with Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

overpaid, but not as bad as I thought

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't see how he was overpaid. he's in the same exact situation we have with mccareins. if he doesn't make the team he only gets the signing bonus.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

so it's not 2 million guaranteed?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, it's 2 million total. they didn't say what the base or signing bonus were.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

well if half of it's based on performance then you're right it's not a bad deal, I was under the assumption that they just threw 2 million at mediocrity (which wouldn't surprise me considering it's the Raiders)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Either way, for 2 million he definitely didn't get overpaid. I like how we just say everyone overpaid when we missed on a player.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Seriously lol.

I would've much rather had Carter than J-Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if we are not going to break the bank on any Free Agents, than this is the exact kind of signing we should go for. What would it hurt to sign Carter&J-Mac for cheap as dirt knowing we are probably going to cut half the WRs on our current roster anyway.

I'm lost on the plan.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do you honestly see either as being a difference-maker? I don't see McCareins as an upgrade and I certainly wouldn't see Carter as one either. If the Titans did, you can bet they could have easily made that deal.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

As receivers, both Carter and J-Mac haven't proven they can by full-time starters.

J-Mac will play special teams (not sure about Carter, but I don't believe so).

Both guys are #3/4 receivers at best. Neither one is magically going to solve the team's passing woes.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok, clearly we aren't going to sign a high dollar free agent WR.

So what was there to lose in signing Drew Carter for only double what J-Mac signed for? Worse case scenario, we cut him before the season, and are down about 1million to our cap for only 2008 season.

If we aren't going to break the bank, why not bring in Carter for competition. Faster and younger than McCareins.

To answer the question... I don't ever see McCareins being productive again, I see him cut before the start of the season. Drew Carter, he's more of a Gage type. Probably will never become a great receiver, but he didn't have a QB worth a damn throwing him the ball last season.

Carter has more upside at this point. But I guess Heimi just loves him some J-Mac.

All I can hope is Vince will to, but I don't believe it for a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar