Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mcmojo, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

He usually ducks down and falls....

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bennett does fine in pressure situations.
    Mostly this is simply "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.
    Just like the comment that he "consistently" avoids contact even though his yards per catch are darn decent and he was about the only WR we had who actually broke a tackle this year.
    I also find it laughable when people write that he is a decent #3. Bennett might not be an all-pro #1 WR but he is better than solid as a #2.
    Most of us will miss Bennett after he is gone because I doubt we are able to make a big upgrade with whats available in FA and we will be lucky to have a rookie put up Bennett's numbers the last two years even if he is a 1st round pick.
    The more some of you write about Bennett the more what people write deviates from the truth. If Bennett isn't a Titan next year it will be because of his salary demands and because we are already paying Givens (a true stud compared to Bennett apparently even though he has hardly played for the Titans) and not because of his ability.

3. DJB

DJB Starter

Would you trust Brandon Jones?

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Drew is not built to "run over people". He makes his catches, gets what he can and lives to fight another play. Very few WR's in this league run over people. Someone like TO is the exception, not the rule. Fisher is very content to play ball control...let Drew catch one for 15 and reload. I just laugh at the people posting we need a "gamebreaker" when that is not what Fisher is all about. He wants to keep the ball and run the clock. When Volek was putting up incredible passing numbers it wasn't helping us because we literally scored too fast, and didn't have the defense to get 3 and outs. We led the Colts 24-0 in the first quarter once and ended up losing huge. It's fun to watch high powered offenses put up big numbers, but the object is to win games, not put up stats.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Who would you guys compare Bennett too? I think of him as like Joe Jurevicius. He's probably a little better than Joe. Would anyone agree with this comparison?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I hope that ends up being worth it
    always felt Givens a tad overrated

7. i dont want bennet, i dont think hes any good, and he drops way to many passes to even be an option IMO and brandon jones has become pretty reliable

8. I don't why we are slating Bennett in the manner we are, he's our best receiver...

We don't have a passing offense, we run the fisher ball, that's how we've won games in the past, run, run, run, run pass and run some more...

However, he drops balls more than the average receiver, I don't think the fact he doesn't run over DB's is a problem, he does pretty well after making the catch anyways...

Although he can also disappear altogether in some games, you can blame it on Young, but, I think its more of him working on consistency, along with Young making better reads...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Bennett is a good WR. He has not found what true position he is. Either a #1, 2, or 3. Think about this though, in his whole career how many years has he had support around him? Mason was there one or two years then the rest were either too young or not good. Then it's 5 different QB's(McNair, Volek, O'Donnell, Collins, and Young), 2 this year. Until we get consitant which we tried to do in bringing Givens but then he got hurt. We can't be critics of him till then.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have proved he doesn't drop more balls than any other receiver. Why do people keep saying this?

He disappears because he is our leading receiver and draws double coverage most of the time, or the other team's best cover guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar