Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mcmojo, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TNThunder, you give Bennett more support than his underwear.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

TNThunder is being realistic.

1. Bennett WILL NOT be easy to replace as some seem to think. There is a 50/50 or better chance a WR taken in the first round of the draft never even equal Bennett. Look up the 1st round WRs taken the last 3-4 years.
    2. There are no other FA WRs that would be an upgrade.
    3. These fantasy ideas that Jones is a stud compared to Bennett are ridiculous. Jones hasn't proven to be any more than a solid #2 and no better than Bennett IMO. Givens isn't any better either even when he is healthy.

Doesn't mean we will keep Bennett because of all the money tied up in Givens but Bennett is a solid WR and we will be hurting if he leaves and we don't get a comparable replacement. Thats why IF we decide to not re-sign Bennett I think we should consider going after JMac even if we do have to spend a late draft pick and pay him for a year higher than he is worth. Givens is not going to contribute next year, plan on it. His injury was much more severe than Jones.

3. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Face it guys, getting rid of Drew is insane. Last time I heard he likes it here, has made friends finally and was willing to make a deal. Floyd is gone, and I think thats actually good for this organization.

We need to draft a super stud WR, keep Drew becasue who else can start that has good knees? With our teams history with acl's you have to keep one good proven WR. In the end, probably by next seasons end. I see the new WR starting with Jones and Bennett in the slot. Givens will be doubtful to play next season at all, and we cant afford to rush it.

It takes time to learn a new system and and create repore with a QB. Bennett has/is both.

With no real proven TE or WR on the roster, and Scaife and Jones have potentual but they arent proven yet, you have to keep Drew Bennett.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

When he starts playing as well as Givens and stops dropping so much, he might be in the position to ask for a raise. Until then, IMO he's already overpaid.

5. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

You need a muzzle. David Givens plays better than Bennett, bs. Givens was barely on the field this season, how can you even think that. Dude think before you make stupid comments like that.:grrr:

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

According to who?
    You? Drew?..

The only stupid comment i can think of is yours.. Drew drops more catches than Givens. He's proved to be inconsitant and your either blind or extremely dull not to notice that.

Muzzell? I think you mean Muzzle.
    You're right about the Muzzle.. throw me in a room with you and your uncontrollable comments and my unmuzzled mouth might just tear you apart..
    :rotfl:

7. TitanGuy

If you think Drew, is that bad then i'll show you. In 2004 Bennett (as the #2 reciever) calculated career highs Rec. with 80, in yds with 1247, and TDs with 11. In his career he has 273 recpts., 4033 yds., and 25 TDs. While Givens had in 2004, 56 recpts., 874 yds., and only 3 tds. For his career he has 166 recpts., and 2318 yds., and 12 TDs. And Bennett only has one year on him. And you complained about my "stupid" comments, Bennett obviously has had the better career, and is the better reciever. Oh, and I spelled Muzzle right.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Givens doesn’t have that many catches in 06 because Drew was getting most of the attention and was thrown to most. Wait till next year and watch the throws to Givens increase and you’ll notice that he’s a more dependable WR than Drew Bennett was last season. I’m not saying that Givens was better than Drew this season in regards to his receiving yards, but I’m saying if he had the opportunity to be thrown to as much as Drew was this season you would have seen more catches, less drops and a better outcome and performance from our core of WRs in total.
    If you’re saying that Drew is an ideal choice as a starting WR, then you probably haven't watched any of the games this season.

Ummm… puleeeeeeeeeeeease don’t tell me you’re comparing Givens position during his time with the patriots to that of Drew’s??

Givens didn’t have that much of a starting role during his time there as Drew had with the titans.. To answer to your stat, Givens only started 12 games in 04 compared to Drew’s 16 starts. I’m assuming you realize that the reason for that was the excellent group of WRs NE already had compared to Mason and Drew whom we had. You can’t compare pears to apples, or pineapples in your case to two different scenarios.

Drew needs to stand up as a starter and prove his worth as a 1st string before asking for more green. If we get lucky this offseason and land an excellent WR, watch Drew get demoted and Givens get a larger role in the offense.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

No you didn't.. you edited your post later...
    Thats sad and silly.

10. TitanGuy

OK i can agree, Bennett dropped many easy passes that could have changed the complection of many games, but when we need a clutch catch over the middle Bennett made a good bit of plays. And i did watch all the games, but we didn't get to see what Givens could do if he was healthy. I think they will have a good position battle in training camp to see who is #1. But how will Givens stand in at the #2 wr spot. As we've seen from Brandon Jones he can be an OK #2 but we need to have better communication between WRs. Hence the time BJ and Drew were deep in the BUffalo game and BJ tipped the pass away from a wide open Drew. I see your point, but we need to draft for a defensive player first (Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson),And then go for a WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar