Drew Bennett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mcmojo, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I know that I am going to get blasted for posting this, but that's a chance I'm going to have to take.

I know that it is fashionable to bash Bennett, but I would like to present a few stats that would seem to indicate that he is in fact a very productive receiver, in the right system.

Through the first three games of this season, when we had a pocket passing QB, Drew Bennett had 16 receptions, 235 yards and 1 TD. You adjust those to a 16 game season, and he would have ended with 85 receptions, 1235 yards and 5 TD's. Not too shabby. Now before I get mauled, I believe Drew is a solid number two receiver. He is not a number one. But, I also believe he receives way too much criticism from fans.

Let me have it!:yes:

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I believe everything in your post is true

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I see that hand DJB! Anyone else? Come on in, the water is fine.

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree. He isnt a # 1 but IMO he's a good # 2.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Hi, JMB54. Doesn't it feel good to get that out in the open. There is no judgement here. Everyone is welcome.

6. I don't think anyone is arguing that Drew isn't a productive WR. He just isn't a true #1 and isn't worth a big contract to bring him back.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

In defense of bennett?

May be true but how is saying that he is in need of a kerry collins type pocket passer bode well for his future here? We don't have that type of QB.

The bottom line is that bennett is as good as any free agent likely to be available so it would be smart to get him signed before the free agent period. Especially with given's career threatening injury.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller..

We need to offer him a decent contract before he becomes available to everyone else. If he becomes a free agent i agree the price will likely be too high because it is slim pickings for good Wrs. Something along the lines of $17-18m for 4 years would be fair. His current deal was for about a million a year less than that.

9. I'm not against offering him a decent contract befitting a #2 WR. I have a problem offering him what I expect he'd want as the top WR available in free agency...

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

During mid-season he was expecting a contract comparable to Givens. I haven't heard lately what he or his agent expects. I would only offer him 12 million for 3 years, incentives and a 2-3 million signing bonus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar