Drew Bennett to visit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by merlin, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

You've got to bring him in just to take a look at. Not for the purpose of signing him, but just as insurance. Right now we have Britt, Washington and Hawkins who are presumably going to get a lot of playing time and none have been proven in our offense yet. Gage is the only receiver that I'd put my money on as a coach.

Personally, I think Britt and Washington will turn out to be much more productive together than Jones and JMac were - but you have to have a plan B in case it takes them longer to learn the playbook. Drew could come in fairly quickly, and be a serviceable #2 or 3. Don't get me wrong, I once likened Bennett to Mr Hankey and praised the Titans for letting him walk. No need to bring him in now - but we should be prepared in case our rookie WR to looks like a rookie for a little while.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The guys a bumb!

[​IMG]

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think he's another good example of a player that I'm thankful that we didn't shell out big money to, but one I'd be fine with taking back at a bargain for depth. Vet experience is a good thing, and if it means Paul Williams and Chris Davis both get cut earlier, all the better!

As a 4th WR, Drew is a good option. He could also make Britt push a little more to make sure he gets past him.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

He's probably just in a constant state of nostalgia. I bet he desperately wants to hear DDDRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I wouldn't be against us signing him for vet minimum and having him at the bottom of the depth chart but I would be against us signing him then having Fish and Dinger automatically put him ahead of others if he did nothing to earn it, ala JMac last year.

Now, if they sign him and he comes in and just shames every other WR something proper in TC, then comes out and lights it up again (slim chance I know), then I won't complain.
    Keep in mind that this is a big IFFFF.

6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I was attempting to be funny about some else's post saying he was worth 100 million. I am one of the poorest folks you might ever meet and I don't think
    any player is worth what Haynes is getting.

In fact, I was thinking more like 3 million for two years. That's provided he does well on his medical and is not still hampered by the foot injury. I would not be too surprised if he would not play another season with us for the league minimum. I do not think there are a lot of offers at the moment.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm against it.

First he was never very good.
    Second he hasn't really played in the last two seasons
    Third he did nothing when he did play
    Fourth he is older and has injury issues that will have slowed him down.

I'd rather take the risk on the current crop.

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Im against it he drops too many passes when they hit him right in the hands we don't need him back in two tone blue.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

we should check is emotional state first...

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I bet the 9,000 fans at Titans games who still wear his jersey will be happy about it...:suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar