Dream Team Draft: missed pick proposals

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

All right, guys, it seems no one (including myself) is satisfied with the idea of making people make up missed picks in Round 27. Here are the proposals on the table:

ISSUE 1: What happens if someone goes AWOL for an extended time?

1. Every person gets 12 hours for every pick. Even if you've missed several in a row we wait on you.

2. After you've missed one pick, you're considered "away" until you show back up; we move on like you aren't there until you show back up.

ISSUE 2: What happens to the missed picks?

1. Whenever you show back up, you get to make up all the picks you've missed at once.

2. Whenever you show back up, you get to make your normal pick, then make up the rest of your missed picks at the end of the current round.

Please vote on both issues!

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

MY VOTES:

Issue 1: Proposal #2. If someone misses one pick, chances are something's keeping them away from the computer for some time. To keep waiting on them over and over adds days to the draft process.

Issue 2: Proposal #1. Getting them all out of the way is faster, and waiting till the end of the round kind of punishes TBaker and Sargo, who would otherwise get to make consecutive picks and move on with their lives.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree on Issue 1. For this round I'll wait until 2m to make my pick, but after that we move on without him (and don't wait a full 12 hours each time he is on the clock).

On Issue 2, I don't really mind. If someone misses 3 or 4 picks in a row, then I think we just delete the team because they won't be able to field a competitive roster anyway.

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Here are the proposals on the table:

ISSUE 1: What happens if someone goes AWOL for an extended time?

2. After you've missed one pick, you're considered "away" until you show back up; we move on like you aren't there until you show back up.

ISSUE 2: What happens to the missed picks?

2. Whenever you show back up, you get to make your normal pick, then make up the rest of your missed picks at the end of the current round.

Please vote on both issues![/QUOTE]

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Issue 1: 2
    Issue 2: 1

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't understand why other proposals which have been made are not here for consideration by everyone.

I also don't understand why we have not paused the draft until we know how we are handling this issue since current picks could be affected by these decisions.

At this rate, we could go through 2 or 3 rounds before a decision is made and that's not good. Someone disappearing to the point we delete their team somewhat messes up our draft. It would be better to have halted the draft and find a new GM for the team so that team will remain competitive.

Responses?

Gut

7. Carpy

I agree we need to make a decision now.

Two 12 hour windows have elapsed, so I think we need to accept that we are moving on without him.

My preference would be to have someone take over his team, take the last 2 picks off the board (the start of round 5) and allow the replacement player to select 2 players to get even again and then we continue the draft.

Do we have someone who is willing to take over?

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I'll open it up to the Board and see who's in. My heart wants to give TheSureThing one more 12-hour window, but I can see most folks think that's a little fruitless at this point.

Gut: the Draft is effectively paused right now. As for other options, I just tried to propose the quickest and most efficient ones to vote among (total of four combinations). We need to keep this simple and quick.

9. Carpy

Didn't Gut have a friend who was interested? Any replacement has the team until the end right?

I think going forward we go with the suggestion someone made (can't remember who) that we treat this just like the NFL draft - you miss your window and everyone else can keep picking until you get in to the official thread and make your pick.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Shucks, another lockout! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar