Dream Team Draft: Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by citizenthom, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Championship!

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I didn't see this thread earlier or I would have objected to my friend being booted. Especially since you said you'd give him til noon today and then dumped him prior to 11...about the same time I posted his picks - which were in on time.

Anyway...

It is pointless to post my work schedule because I'm working most of the time. Easier for me to sneak in and make a pick than schedule an hour online chat session which I could not do on a consistent basis. If the online chat is how you want to handle it, I'll bow out.

Up to you guys. My vote is to keep the current system going. Outside of the 2 ppl not here, the picks have moved pretty quickly.

What do you think is interesting about many of us taking the best QB's in a QB driven NFL?

Some of these picks have surprised me quite a bit. I would not have thought that after 3 picks, Peyton AND Brady would be on the board!

BTW, I vote we play these teams on Madden and see how they fare!

Gut

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

As much as I'd like the chat idea, it's going to be a couple weeks before I could do it. I actually came up with this idea while I was in the hospital last week, and now I'm probably facing surgery on my back later this week. I have no idea what my availability will be like during my recovery--although I'm almost entirely certain I'll be on at least once a day (they can't drug me up THAT badly).

In any case I don't think we were thinking of doing it ALL in a chat, just knocking out a few rounds at some point where we could all get together. On my end that might be a couple weeks down the line.

Madden would be interesting; how would we swing getting the rosters together?

4. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Great pick, I considered taking him at 14.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I had Brady and Manning going first and second. I was planning on taking Brady if I got the first overall pick so I'm thrilled.

6. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I dunno about you guys, but I'm having a blast.

7. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

I just wish it went by faster.

I feel like Steve Spurrier when he told his DC 'either stop 'em or let 'em score cause I got some good plays to calls here'

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Well, the time lapse is inevitable; and in any case it gives us some time to mull things over, look at our Boards, check out how other teams are drafting and good stuff. I'll be interested to see who's focusing on offense vs. defense, what kind of defenses we build, what kind of offenses, etc.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah I wish it went quicker also.

Boards? I'm just going off the top of my head haha

10. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Hey, I was in the hospital for three days, a lot of it on steroids. I had a lot of free time and energy. :p

Worst part is I'll probably re-stack it after the surgery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar