Dre Bly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I think that we really need to go and get Bly. The guy is a pro-bowler and can still play CB, despite the fact that he is aging. He would also be a great mentor to Pacman.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Do you think Bly is BETTER than Samuel or Clements? Do you think he's equal to them?

If not, why would we pursue a less talented player who'll want a sizeable contract extension and we'd have to give up a draft pick for the priviledge.

And did I mention he's a small CB at 5'9. Having 2 5'9 CB's is not ideal...especially when we face the Jags!

Since we have the cap room, why not get one of the top tier CB's for a better upgrade to the secondary for only a few mil more a year and we can keep the draft pick?!?!?

Gut

3. Sometimes it's about getting better value rather than splurging for the best insanely expensive player...

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

They traded Joey for a conditional 6th, they'll deal Bly for a 5th. Remember Marinelli ain't too fond of good ol Dre... I think Pac could learn something from him... Although we all know Pac is a God and needs to teaching...

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Look, you make good points, but Pac ain't exactly Bobby Taylor size-wise either... Here's what I think: Both Samuel and Clements will be franchised (Clements more likely), and we'll be stuck picking the best of the rest, which ain't much as far as I see...

6. Clements can't be franchised. The Bills agreed not to when they signed him to his 1-year deal last year.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I just read somewhere that part of the deal that Nate signed included a clause that would prevent Buffalo from franchising him

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

shoot you're right forgot about that... ok, so maybe we have a shot after all...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am surprise more players don't do this.

Although if I were a player I wouldn't mind getting top 5 money every year.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you might if you played in Buffalo :clown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar