Drafting TEs...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Stevens is an actual tight end. Most casual fans who have no idea what they are talking about (like costarica2) assume that since they aren't as athletic as Randy Moss in his prime, they are useless. The entire point of TEs are that they can block and catch. If they wanted a bunch of wide receivers, they would do that.

That is why Stevens is one of the only bright spots on this dreary team.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only problem is that it's a total myth that Craig Stevens can catch.

He is a blocker. That's it. Pure and simple. He is as dangerous a catcher as Ahmard Hall. Actually he has 1 more catch than Hall... woohooo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He only has one more catch than Hall because he never plays, and Bobo the clown somehow still has a starting job....He is actually a pretty good catcher, and can get some decent yards after the catch, but that would probably require you watching a game to realize.

4. Alex1939

When? When has he shown to be a "pretty good catcher that gets decent yards after the catch"?

We are discussing a player that is on pace to have 10-12 catches this season as a Titan. A player that never had more than 17 catches in a season at Cal.

Oh the whole "probably require you watching a game to realize" is LAME. I've been to every home game this year... have you?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Alex were you watching yesterdays game? Stevens resembled Wycheck for a moment out there snatching a ball out of the air. I'm a fan of the athletic TE's, but I'll take a Craig Stevens over a Teyo Johnson any day.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i dont understand why stevens doesnt get 10 catches a game. scaife shouldn't be allowed to see the field anymore. The seasons over and its time to start evaluating your roster in real game situations.

7. Alex1939

Craig Stevens is the next Wes Welker.

8. 24

24 Starter

Just finished watching MNF?

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Caucasian? check
    Plays Offense? check

Yeah, he's the next wes welker.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stevens is a TE solely on the fact he has great hands, otherwise he'd bulk up and play Guard. I have no clue why he sees so few balls, but the man has some good hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar