Drafting an OG

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I would take Vadal Alexander in the 5 th. Soon enough to take another guard given our other needs.

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I initially wanted the Titans to get Warmack. Obviously, he was not lived up to my expectations to say the least. However, it did not help that in his rookie year he had a ****** oline coach and a free agent OG that stole millions from the franchise.

As for the draft, I say pick up a guard in the late rounds. Then right after the draft, sign two olinemen to undrafted free agent contracts. Finally, kick the tires again on Vasquez. I think JR is keep Vasquez on ice instead the other way around.

3. MrPickSix

MrPickSix Starter

I doubt we draft a guard early I'll even be willing to bet... Spain was arguably our 2nd best offensive lineman even tho that ain't saying much. At times he looked darn good. Then they drafted that other guy in the 3rd round last year he'll get a shot. We might draft one but the earliest bring the 5th round

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wouldn't surprise me if we took Ryan Kelly with one of our 2nd's and had Ben Jones play G some as well. Having two C/G's isn't a bad thing for our chitty OL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't hate that at all. I said it on here a million times...Center is such an important position to lock down.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No rookie

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Kelly will be a first rounder

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree we need vet help...but I'd take the best overall center somewhere in the second when we have an abundance of picks anyday. Takes care of 2 positions at once and boots shwenke! It won't happen anyway...

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I agree. A lot has been invested in the line that hasn't had stability due too the previous GM not providing the proper personnel. With a real center, like first round RT and hopefully a half decent OL coach I realistically expect Warmack to at least be serviceable. Then extend him at a reasonable rate and let the OL gel and grow. They have decent depth at guard, and if anything, Warmack has shown he can stay relatively healthy.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Can't see him falling to the second though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar