Draft Wars Final --Lattimore v Howard

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 24, 2017.

?
  1. Marshon Lattimore

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. OJ Howard

25 vote(s)
    43.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol! I had no choice but to pick howard here. If he wins by 1 (shouldn't... Oh god) I'll flip my vote to Latt and it can be a tie lololol

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

That's the same as me saying a guaranteed injury prone Lattimore. Actually the latter seems more likely because of the type of offense that Bama runs. Remember Howard averaged 15 yards a catch and we know that offense isn't tight end friendly, so he did his part.

3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

good job guys if you believe peter schrager lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

nope didnt work

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol amazing

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

my bad, too late now

7. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

that's all he ever topped out at alabama so that very well could be his ceiling

8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Y'all gonna be so sad when you here Godell say "Mike". I'm sure it'll be turned off before he says the last name.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats not a good gauge to use, all you hear about Bama is how little they use the TE's down field

could very easily come in and do more

but Id set the bar at about 600

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Ah yes, because all the best NFL TE's have always been the best players in college. Gronk, Kelce, Graham were all mediocre at best in college. None of them got over 800 yards receiving a single season.

Now to be fair, none of them were drafted in the first round, but Gronk had injury history, Graham only played 1 year of football, and Kelce was at Cinci and didn't get much recognition at all. Howard is coming in with little to no injury concerns, high character, absurd measurables, good enough production in an offense that wasn't suited for him at all, and outstanding blocking (which is extremely rare in a young TE). Even if it takes him a year to figure out the TE position for the NFL, which it almost always does, he can still come in and contribute year one as a move TE or as a blocker in two TE sets - which we love.

Lattimore will likely be a great player, but I just feel like Howard is head and shoulders above every other TE in this draft and is the kind of prospect that comes along every 5 years at best. Lattimore is just slightly better than some of the other CB's and there's a lot of them in this class who could end up being as good or better.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar