Draft the Hometown boy -Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bigreese82, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

It takes care of two positions at once- He has been said to have shutdown potential and he is a good kick returner with 4.3 speed. He is flying up the draft boards and is impressing at the Senior Bowl.

Then go RB in the second round
    WR should be addressed in FA only...we don't need another rookie WR IMO

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

hopefully you don't mean in the 1st round? he's a mid rounder. and he was born in bradenton, florida.

i hope we take him in the 3rd.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

monday:Indeed, the most impressive player on the field today may have been little known Tennessee State DB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. The 6-1, 180-pound Rodgers-Cromartie isn’t necessarily the most physical DB, but he is a long strider with fluid hips who can really turn and run and change direction. Rodgers-Cromartie made the defensive play of the day when he cut off a route, stepped in front of a receiver and picked off the intended pass. Interestingly, while nominally a CB, Rodgers-Cromartie, was lining up at FS for the South squad today

tuesday: I was covering the North practice yesterday but I heard all about how good Tennessee St. cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie looked and he certainly lived up to the hype today. A smooth athlete with quick feet and fluid hips, Rodgers-Cromartie saw action at both safety and corner and made an amazing interception, displaying excellent leaping ability, hands and ball skills. This guy is the real deal!

wednesday:Any report about the South squad has to start with Tennessee State cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who it's going to be difficult to classify as a "sleeper" from here on out. Rodgers-Cromartie just seems to run through all the drills effortlessly and it's almost as if he's on a different level than just about every other defensive back on the roster. In 7-on-7's Rodgers-Cromartie had a diving pass breakup and in 11-on-11's he recovered a fumble. How high can he rise?

seems like mckelvin is impressing too.

If it weren't for the spectacular week that Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is having Troy cornerback Leodis McKelvin might be the talk of the South squad. McKelvin has excellent change of directions skills and I can't emphasize enough what good feet he has. He also broke up a couple of passes today.

nfldraftcountdown.com

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Cromartie is the best CB in the draft, will be gone before our pick at 24...

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

after hearing from more people, he will probably be a first round pick. doubt we take a CB in the first. oh well.

6. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

I still think the CB position is a position of major need for us. I am very comfortable with Finn. Harper is a fill in. IMO, by having Harper at CB, we had to play more zone and having young safeties at the end of the year killed us. There is more opportunity to screw up when you play alot of zone. We have no depth behind Harper...Please don't say R. Hill

Cromartie has shutdown potential and is a big corner. Our return game was horrible this year and he would give us a boost.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree he is going to be a 1st rounder. Based on the CB depth in this draft he is one of the best. Looking at his size and attributes he might be similar to Samari Rolle. Not sure if he is as physical as we want.

If he really runs well at the workouts my guess is he might be gone before we pick.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was thinking the same exact thing. i would also compare leodis mckelvin to denard walker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar