Draft Strategy

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

After the Crumpler signing, the titans still have gaping holes at WR, DE, OG, and DT. This year the crop of WRs in the draft is very deep, and there aren't many (if any) DEs, OGs, or DTs that are worth the 24th pick.

Now i absolutely HATE how the titans have so many extra picks and dont trade up and move around in the draft. Every year it seems like we load up on second day picks just to cut them after training camp. BUT this may be the year to trade out of the first. I would love to see the titans trade out of the first, and trade alot of the second day picks and have five to six picks between the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

Thoughts?

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Trade up, maybe for the right guy. For me the whole draft hinges on what happens before then with Fat Albert contract status. Get him signed asap, if you do then you can afford to sit and take the best player regardless of position(always the best move imo), if you don't sign him or at least it doesn't appear like a deal can be reached then you might want to try to move into the top 10 to have a chance at one of the top dl guys.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This thread will change very soon. Because if Hackett signs then WR maybe a 2nd pick and if Dunn is signed then bye RB's in the top 5, so that just leaves DL and OL. In the 1st Quentin Groves in the 2nd Earl Bennett and the 3rd and OL.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I also would love to see us with 5-6 2nd and 3rd round picks in this years draft. Maybe it's doable, to trade our first and add a 2nd and 3rd round and a late pick, then use ALL of our late picks to move up to a 3rd round pick. But we may not want to trade out of that 1st round, depending on if someone we like falls.

I think these are the positions I'd like to see us draft by round:

1) WR or DE
    2) WR or DE
    3) DT
    4) OL
    5) CB
    7) OLB

I would have liked for us to draft a CB earlier, but unfortunately we have more holes to deal with now.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why would we want Dunn over a rookie RB fro a draft loaded at RB? Heck, we might end up getting a RB who could be our best back in the 3rd round.

I agree I'd rather sign a decent WR or trade for one. WRs are the biggest crap shoot in the draft and take a few years to develop. We also still have two left on the roster from last years draft.

I also figure we won't go OG/OT until the 4th round so expect in the 1st three rounds in no particular order RB, DT and DE or maybe CB.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, the needs going into the draft are likely to look very different than they do now... but this does feel like a good year to do some trading up or down. While we have holes, I don't think it's nearly as bad as last year. One or 2 solid FA signings could change our whole perspective of the draft needs. The 24th pick this year is probably going to be an awkward spot... If the right guy is on the board around the 15th pick it might be worth trading up. If not, I don't know if many teams will really want to trade into the 1st round at 24, but an attempt to trade down would make a lot of sense.

7. The Playmaker

So you'd want White, Henry, and a rookie? All have less than 3 years experience. It's such a young offense as it is.

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Why do people keep saying we only have six picks? What happened to the sixth round pick?

9. The Playmaker

Traded for Bryce Fisher

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Damn, totally forgot that one. Well, I hope we get a couple of compensatory picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar