Draft Solution - Rolltides dream draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This should excite Rolltide but looking at what we need and what is available this year in the draft we should consider drafting a bunch of Bama guys.

OLB DeMeco Ryans 6-1, 236, rated the #3 or #4 OLB
    FS Roman Harper 6-0, 195, rated around the #4 FS.
    SS Charlie Peprah 5-11, 205 rated around the #10 SS
    MLB Fred Roach 6-2, 250, rated around the #6 MLB
    DE Mark Anderson 6-4, 255

Considering that Bama had a better defense last year than the Titans (I'm not kidding and would trade our Ss and MLB and one OLB for this group today) especially at the postions represented here we could upgrade by drafting all these guys.

Seriously I can see where a number of these players could be on the Titans next year. Using the GBN ratings either Ryans or Sims from Florida State is the #3 OLB behind Greenway and Hawk. Unless we trade out of the #3 spot we probally don't have a shot at him. Fred Roach is the #92 rated player on their board and Harper is #116. Charlie Peprah is rated at #205. We could even consider Brodie Croyle at #179 as a backup QB.

The strategy is simple. We take Vince Young with the first pick and the best OLB available in the 2nd round with #39. At 101 we take our MLB in Roach. At 132 we take Harper. At 163 we take Croyle. At 199 or 222 we take Peprah. We get the players we need at decent value and we make Rolltide happy.:lol:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Soxcat, I hear the FO is looking for a new lead man.
    Perhaps you should put in an application. :brow:

(good post)

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In all seriousness, looking up the write ups I could find on Bama LBs and Ss I noticed that all of them get high praise for being instinctive players. We could use some of those on the defensive side of the ball.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

No doubt that Bama's D kicked arse last year.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Wouldn't be suprised if every one of those guys turned out to be upgrades....but I'm gonna go all homer and say....

1. Jason Allen
    2. Jesse Mahelona
    3. Kevin Simon
    4. Omar Gaither
    5. Parys Haralson

:brow:

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Croyle is going in the third round at worst.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I know.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolllltide.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We actually could trade down some, draft ryans, use the extra picks to get a croyle and a couple of those bama guys.

Soxcat has to be impressed after watching the bama players dominate in the senior bowl. Anderson toasted dbrick and ryans and roach were running sideline to sideline sticking people.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I was more impressed with Croyle and Co. after the Cotton Bowl.

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

Add Vince Young to That and we will be doing splended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar