Draft Sleepers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Apr 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Lets talk about some sleepers that could have an immediate impact for this team and might be had later in the draft. I'll get it started with 3 offensive players i really like:

1. Kyle Philips: WR - UCLA
    Philips is the ultimate slot WR with great hands, nuanced route running and loads of YAC ability. He's been compared to both Wes Welker and Cooper Kupp at times. He's projected to rounds 3-5.

2. ZaQuandre White: RB - S. Carolina
    Dynamic playmaker with size and speed. Hard nosed player with good patience and field vision that fits the Titans mold. Projected rounds 4-6

3. Chigoziem Okonkwo: TE - Maryland
    Combine standout with many traits comparable to Jonnu Smith. Excellent size and speed with really great YAC ability. Tackle breaking machine and gifted in the open field. Projected rounds 3-5.

Who you got?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

TE Jelani Woods

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Dangermode

Woods beasted out at the combine. He was projected to the 4th or 5th rounds before, but now I think he goes Day 2. Would be quite the addition to the Titans if we could wing it.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

LOVE LOVE LOVE Woods. He reminds me of a more physical Jared Cook. Could really be special with the right coaching.

I also agree with @Dangermode. Kyle Phillips would be a great pick for us. Has a little bit of Adam Humphries to his game. He actually looks faster on tape than his 40 time showed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Here are a few of my sleepers.

- Jalen Tolbert - WR - South Alabama. I saw him play in person against Tennessee this past year and he torched us all game. Probably a late 2 early 3rd, but if he's there at 90 we need to push over women and children to turn in that pick.

- Grant Calcaterra - TE - SMU - He would be a good day 3 pick at TE if we wait to draft this position. He has also said the Titans are one of the teams that have shown the most interest.

- Dylan Parham - OG - Memphis - An in state prospect that could start right away on our Oline. Love this guy's game. Could prob get him early day 3.

- Marcus Jones - CB - Houston - Undersized but man, the dude is a baller. Can also give us something in the return game.

Jeffrey Gunter - EDGE - Coastal Carolina - 6'4, 260, Ran 4.70 in the 40. He has ALL of the tools to be an awesome pass rusher. Only 5.5 sacks last season but the right coaching could really unlock something special here.

6. Dangermode

7. Dangermode

I also like Shakir. Could be an electric addition in the mid rounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dangermode

I think others are on to Tolbert. I’m seeing him mocked now as high as early 2nd. Dude can ball. I think he will go somewhere between our 1st and 3rd round picks though.
    Not a Calcaterra fan personally. Lots of great WR I prefer that will go in a similar place.
    Parham is awesome. Top 5 Guard IMO and will go on Day 2 for sure.
    Gotta look up Jones and Gunter.
    Thanks for sharing!

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Is there any big prospect whose injured?

JRob will be all over that

6d8trx.jpg

#10 The Hammer, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar