Draft Network Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

While I agree on your take about our bpa situation..or lack thereof, we'll have to agree to disagree about the dline depth. I see about 4 or 5 guys that will be successful at disrupting plays in the NFL.

Also, it can be argued either way about whether dline or corner is our biggest need. Some will say a 3rd corner isn't that important. Some will say a 3rd d lineman isnt that important. The reality is that they are both extremely important, and if we don't make any more free agency signings we will have to rely on our 1st two picks to fill those spots. Then you have to take into account depth at the positions.

And don't take my word for it on Elliot. Nfl.com and PFF have much smarter people than me analyzing these guys.

#51 J Falk, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

"Oline depth" if we're talking about depth, why not then project us to get a backup qb with our 1st pick? Nobody drafts for depth if their best nickel corner and starting defensive end were on the practice squad last year. I get where you're coming from, oline is important, and depth is great if u can afford that luxury. My point is right now, at this moment in time, we cannot afford that luxury, atleast not with our first couple picks.

Now, if we sign logan Ryan or j clowney in the coming days, obviously we will have to revisit this conversation, but as of now this is our situation.

Until then ill be fantasizing about AJ Epenesa and Cam Dantzler in Titans jerseys next season.

Great grade from PFF. Chance to fall to us in 2nd due to poor 40 time at combine. Sound like a 2nd rd pick from recent memory??? he and jeffrey simmons on the same defense for years to come...:thumbsup:

#52 J Falk, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I do agree with you that their aren't a bunch of DL that can stack the run and get after the passer, but I think that their are plenty of guys who will make great rotational guys who can be disruptive shooting gaps on passing downs....we have our run stuffers in Jones and Simmons...neither of them are great pass rushers. We need an inside guy who can get after the QB.....I really like Gallimore, Blacklock, Kinlaw, Madubuike, Agim, Davidson, and the Davis brothers for that guy who can get after the passer from the inside....I think some of these guys will benefit from playing in a rotation unlike in college where they played a ton of snaps. I like Epenesa, Greenard, Strowbridge and Zuniga as more Clowney type role guys...then guys like Highsmith and Tuszka as pure 3-4OLBers

What do you like about Dantzler so much....he must play faster than he ran at the combine because I don't like my CBs running 4.65. I certainly don't see a 6'2" slow footed DB being our answer in the slot. We need speed in the slot that is how teams killed Ryan last yr when he had to cover man to man out of the slot and try and chase those fast guys across the field.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Dantzler is a really good football player. He shut down LSUs star studded WRs (unlike aj terrell and Trevon Diggs who got absolutely torched by them). He's a great tackler for as lanky as he is. He can man up bigger wrs. We will have to play alot of zone against fast teams like kc anyways and dantzler really excels in zone.

When you watch him, it looks like the opposing teams game plan to avoid him. They rarely test him, and when they do it doesn't work out in their favor usually.

I almost didn't even watch him because of his 40 time, but im glad i did. He's pffs 4th ranked corner. Plus, you gotta love them Mississippi State boys. They some dogs down there. I was really interested in taking a chance on a guy like diggs or aj Terrell, but after watching dantzler, it's not even close for me.

Butler would play the slot more in this scenario i would think(where he'd probably be better off anyways with quicker wrs). Also, logan ryan wasnt the problem against kc...the fact that we had no pass rush was the main problem. The fact that tremaine brock was on the field was our 2nd biggest problem. R Evans playing through an injury didn't help either.

I just like dantzler as a player, and i think he would bring a new dynamic to our secondary. Adoree will cover the fast dudes, cam covers the big dudes...i think it would work nicely.

#54 J Falk, Apr 8, 2020
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I find the info here interesting...I know it is strictly stats and says nothing about what type of football people are, but it does give you some indication of overall athleticsm......Dantzer is way on down the list

I like Ojemudia from Iowa....they seem to produce some pretty good DBs and he has played with Hooker

RAS2020 Cornerback Draft Class RAS

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I used to take alot of stock in combine performances...eventually you realize how overrated "measurables" are. Ill take a good football player with solid tape over a good 40 time any day.

Go watch aj Terrell(4.4) vs lsu and then watch cam dantzler(4.6) vs lsu and tell me aj terrell is a better player than dantzler.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

A perfect pick for Robinson would be Bryce Hall from UVA....kid missed most of the year with an ankle injury....we know JRob loves those injured players.

I think Hall has the skills to start in the slot right away and then move outside if needed. He is very physical in run support and is a good blitzer. He lead the NCAA in 2018 in pass breakups with 22. Was a projected 1st rnder before the injury.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

That's the thing I was saying earlier, there's so many good looking corners to choose from in that rd 2-3 range...we will probably be better off waiting till our 2nd pick to get one...i think jrob will be able to snipe a good one.

9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

No way we paid Kelly $7m a year to sit on the bench after we draft a tackle in the first round.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar