Draft Network Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Mar 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

    Tricky Starter

    2,067
    655
    169
    Can you define "a lot"? I'd genuinely like to know how often we played 2vs3 DL
     
  2. J Falk

    J Falk Starter

    2,760
    704
    239
    Give it up bro. We not drafting oline early lol
     
  3. J Falk

    J Falk Starter

    2,760
    704
    239
    I don't have the numbers in front of me. But another gotitan post(take it for what its worth) said we had 2 dlineman on the field 44% of defensive snaps last year. That leaves 56% of plays where we either had 1 dlineman or 3. Im willing to bet 3 dlineman were on the field close to 45% of the time. Im sure our advanced stat guy can help figure this out.
     
  4. J Falk

    J Falk Starter

    2,760
    704
    239
    Kinlaw, Epenesa, Blacklock and Jordan Elliot are the only guys id be happy with. Gallimore and Madubuike don't fit in here and Davidson is overrated(in my opinion).

    I think it's unlikely we trade back, but given the right opportunity, you never know. If Epenesa, Blacklock and Elliot are on the board at 29, we would be happy af to trade back a few spots. 1 more day and we shall see!!!
     
  5. Tricky

    Tricky Starter

    2,067
    655
    169
    Why do you say Madubuike isnt a fit?
     
  6. Titans2004

    Titans2004 Pro Bowler

    4,225
    1,373
    659
    How does Madubuike not fit??? He played every spot across the line at A&M. He is strong as an ox...31 reps at 225lbs was near tops for DL...Blacklock didn't lift for some reason....Elliott put it up 24 times.....quickness wise Madubuike ran a 4.83 which is faster than either Elliott or Blacklock....3-cone drill Madubuike was the quickest of any DL over 270lbs with a 7.31....Quez Watkins ran a 7.28 at 100lbs less

    Enough of those pesky combine stats that aren't football related...let's look at real football stats

    Blacklock 67 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD
    Elliott 68 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, 4 PD
    Madubuike 85 tackles, 11 sacks, 4 FF, 4 PD

    So how does Madubuike not fit???
     
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. J Falk

    J Falk Starter

    2,760
    704
    239
    He's only like 6'2 290lbs. I just see him fitting into a 43 scheme alot better.
     
  8. Tricky

    Tricky Starter

    2,067
    655
    169
    Yea I think I gotta disagree. Madubuike can play any spot on a 3-4 line.
     
  9. J Falk

    J Falk Starter

    2,760
    704
    239
    Im also not impressed with his tape. Doesnt look nearly as explosive, disruptive or skilled as elliot of blacklock. Just my opinion of coarse.
     
  10. Dman5TX

    Dman5TX Pro Bowler

    2,647
    1,034
    519
    Im not talking about 3 years from now. I’m talking about this upcoming season. It’s clearly an “all in” type of season. Why would we spend a 1st on someone to sit the bench in an all in season? Doesn’t make sense.
     
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

    Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

    For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

    Hit the Tip Jar