Draft Day Decision...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Here is what i think should be done.

of all our needs i think WR is the most (with DE close by but still)....Gage is nothing more then a backup and i think jones can be a very good starter and givens too if he can effectivly recover from injury....but still i would really love to trade up and get a future star...i think johsnon will dominate so well with that speed...that size...and taht virtical....his hands...and all that production from a average/supbar college qb.

young was a great passer in college expect that to transofrm to NFL one day...and i think him and CJ can torture d's to come for many years. and to think that we have an up an comin star in B jones and a seasoned vet (who i dont think wouldnt mind movin to the slot some day or alternatliy w/ b jones) now i think thats a crazy combo...and to think they will all be so young.... with the oldest (givens) a good 5-6 years left on him ...this is the type of stuff that produces all time high records.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sorry
    our biggest need is in the secondary. period.

Calvin Johnson would be grossly underutilized in this offense

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Which is why Bowe would be perfect for us, his blocking skills would be utilized on every down necessary.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not to mention we'd have to go "Mike Ditka" to get him....

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that's GREAT ... for a TE or an H-back
    not a 1st round pick that is loaded with secondary candidates

here's a look at Bowe's profile as per NFLDC :

Weaknesses:
    Timed speed is only average at best and he is not overly quick...Has had a lot of trouble with dropped balls...Is still raw and relatively new to the game...Let's the ball get into his body too often...Needs to become a better route runner...Won't stretch the field, struggles to separate and he isn't a big play threat...Is not there yet when it comes to identifying coverages...Needs to show better concentration.

Please no more trouble with dropped balls

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Precisely

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no it isn't.

D-Line is.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i agree we could use some tackle depth
    and a beast at DE would be groovy

but unless Adams/ Anderson/ Carriker or Branch / Okoye fall, I don't see us drafting a lineman @ 19

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

probably not, but I think it is more of a need than a DB with the Harper signing and (hopeful) replacement of Lamont Thompson.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats what I'm saying though
    replacing LaMont looks great @19 with possibly Griffin, Nelson there
    and if Hall (doubtful) or Houston is there,..........

I'd like to wait til the second and get Quinten Moses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar